Got my official diagnosis this week

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Came back from holiday to the expected diagnosis of T2 diabetes. My initial HbA1c was 97 (11% - I like the old way as that's what we had when Hub was first diagnosed T1 - he was 14%, so could be worse :) )

Had repeat bloods done, will be interesting to see if the number is a bit lower as over the week we were away and I changed my diet drastically fasting numbers went from 10.2 to 6.2 with pre and post meal numbers dropping too. Have also lost 11 pounds.

My blood pressure was still far too high, so started on Ramipril straight away. Had a long talk about medication - I've decided to take metformin for now as hopefully it will help with the weight loss - with the aim that I will be able to get off it when the numbers improve. I asked for the slow release version and was prescribed it. No side effects to speak of so far. The doctor is very happy for me to test and adjust my diet.

Have survived 4 days back in Nursery - walking at 6.30am every morning and trying to fit in an evening walk on some evenings too. If I have to spend less time on school work, so be it. It's not worth my health. The last 2 days my numbers have been 7.5 or less all day with fasting numbers around 5.6.

So now I'm all official - I just need to keep up the momentum and whip this thing into shape.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
well first of all congratulations with your very fine progress... I am sure you´ll find the road to manage this condition... just keep reporting and keep your nose in the track..

Reactions: ziggy_w and Polgara

GIBBO1968

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
sounds like u on right track. best thing that helped me was re setting my taste buds. so i would enjoy, what i previously though was vile. eg green shakes/ food without sauce/ fresh non processed food... . I stopped doing numbers a year ago... I know when i feel fxxxd,, an I know when i feel well. my body tells me, sometimes i accept its advice, and sometimes. I dont.
If u feeling ok/good carry on. if not. just stop & think. & start again.and u will get a solution

Reactions: Polgara

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Fingers crossed. Stay on the path and you just might beat this.

Reactions: Polgara