HypoBand - The Cold Sweat Alarm

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hi @Paul_Bolt, HypoBand monitors one of the most common symptoms, cold sweat. When worn, it measures and detects sweat levels and the skin temperature every single second. Upon detecting a cold sweat, 3 phone calls and or an SMS, are automatically sent to up to 3 caregivers, alerting them to administer urgent treatment.

The Hypoband will save the hassle of nightly checks, sleepless nights, troubled anxiety and trauma. The diabetic will take advantage from the early detection and therefore deliver a higher level of productivity during the following day.

The HypoBand also has a panic button that can alert 3 people if you require assistance in case of a fall or a problem at home.

Paul_Bolt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hypoband UK, I've looked at your website and want to know what is subscription and is it a monthly charge?

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hi @Paul_Bolt There is no monthly charge. As the website states "free of charge".

What subscription allows, is access to your live / past data that is stored at the HypoBand cloud.

See below as an example:-

Screenshot 2015-12-02 02.54.54 (2).png
The graph shows both your skin temperature and relative humidity whilst asleep and every one second. You will be able to see at what time of the night you start to experience a hypo (cold sweat) and the time the HypoBand activated. In addition, changes can be applied to your sleep, to assist with your hypo unawareness.

Reactions: Olufisayo

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hi @Paul_Bolt, thanks for the pm and for your suggestion, on removing the confusion of free subscription. We have re-named subscription to YOUR STATS.

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hi @Soledad, thank you for the question. The HypoBand, detects cold sweat, which is one of the common symptoms of a hypo. When a cold sweat is detected the HypoBand will call 3 pre-set phones which can be your loved ones or caregivers that can administer assistance.

The HypoBand, also has a panic button that can be used for a person that is home alone and requires assistance.

ManUtdGal!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Animal cruelty!
Hi All at the Diabetes Forum,

Following the tremendous response both here, by emails and the dozens of calls per day, we thought it would be important to further explain the functions and capabilities of the HypoBand.

HypoBand is for people who experience cold sweat as a symptom of Hypo, and for people with Hypo unawareness.

HypoBand is to be worn indoors, whilst you are asleep, as you are unaware of Hypo symptoms during deep sleep and therefore, unable to treat yourself. During times like these, your caregivers / loved ones will be alerted to come to your aid.

Statistics have shown that the majority of severe Hypos occur in the early hours of the morning, 3 am – 7 am and or before lunchtime (1 pm). Therefore HypoBand has been developed on these main concerns of a Hypo sufferer.

Hypoband is not advisable for use during exercise. Due to the excessive perspiration produced, this could affect the sensors and influence the monitoring accuracy.

We welcome all the feedback, so the HypoBand Team can strive and continually improve the experiences of wearing the HypoBand.

How do you justify selling the IOS version for £149.00 plus almost £30 in taxes but the android one is £74.99 plus £15 taxes. You seem to be based in Hampshire but want these extortionate taxes paid even in the U.K. Not good. I wanted to get one but won't bother now. Too expensive.

Reactions: Olufisayo

Margie@home

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I purchased this band several years ago as I was having night hypos. It kept going off when my blood was in the 7 range.
I have still got it but it is no good as it goes off when Hypos are not happening. It lives in the junk drawer.

Traci2020

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Everyone, We are HypoBand UK.
We have permission from the Support Team at diabetes.co.uk to have this profile, so that we can engage with people and answer any questions.
HypoBand do you have a support team I can contact or message?