What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
It was a bit crunchy with the Capsicum, I should have nuked it a bit longer before I put it in the egg mix. :D

You could try frying the capsicum first (less soggy than nuked) then either cook the omelette around it (which is how my Mum used to make omlettes) or put the cheese and cooked capsicum in top then fold it over (like my Dad used to).

So, it must be Saturday morning for you - it's Friday evening for me. Isn't the internet wonderful. :)

D

Deleted member 308541

Isn't the internet wonderful. :)
I used to think that when I first starting to use the net and ICQ in 1997, I marvelled how quick the message got sent to the server in the USA (I think), and then all the way back to a mate across the street in seconds.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Breakfast: Grilled tomatoes, grilled bacon and Lidl roll

Lunch: Probably fresh raspberries while we are out (or maybe nothing if the raspberries aren't great or cost a stupid amount of money)

Dinner: Not sure as we are going to friends for a BBQ. I am taking salad and Lidl rolls and a low carb truffle tort with fresh strawberries but not sure what the main will be

Lots of wine ;)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday was another Eating Day. To excess! But bgs were happy.

B: steak and eggs with water and a few diced potatoes. no bg impact
L: (at 4pm) leftover chicken and veg stir fried in smoked paprika, garlic and Parmesan, no bg impact
D: (at 9pm) cheese and bacon mug cake with lashings of black pepper, no bg impact.

Today

B: mushroom, tomato and 2 egg omelette
L: may not be necessary
D: probably dietdoc smoked salmon with rutabaga and cheddar fritters and green salad. We also have berries and cream, but hopefully I won't need them.

My appetite seems almost non existent, but then when I take the first mouthful I inhale any food within a 30 food radius.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My appetite seems almost non existent, but then when I take the first mouthful I inhale any food within a 30 food radius.

That is EXACTLY how I feel at the moment. Maybe its the hot weather....

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B = Fresh coffee & double cream.
L = none
D = Cheese salad.
S = Punnet of Strawberries followed a few minutes later by a second punnet, temptation got the better of me.
5.1mmol this morning.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B = Fresh coffee & double cream.
L = none
D = Cheese salad.
S = Punnet of Strawberries followed a few minutes later by a second punnet, temptation got the better of me.
5.1mmol this morning.

ah yes. Strawberries. Sneaky, aren't they?

Reactions: Ultramum

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Raspberries and cream

L. At carvery , roast pork, stuffing ball, cabbage, cauliflower cheese and red cabbage with gravy.

D. Crust less quiche and salad. Strawberries with Oppo salted caramel icecream. Yum

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No.... I can't whistle either. My Mother could do that ear-shattering taxi whistle where you put loads of fingers in your mouth.

@maglil55 - was he disappointed when he couldn't automatically whistle on his birthday?? He sounds a complete character. :)
He's still trying to whistle which is quite comical. Meantime I managed to whistle which resulted in "liar, liar pants on fire" .
Hello
B. Black Forest fruit and cream

L. Camambert and walnuts

Gardening most of the day.

D. Crust less quiche with salad. Strawberries and Oppo salted caramel icecream:)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Garlicy aubergine chips

I had some spare time on my hands so I did a bit of an experiment. I turned the oven up to max then divided a cut up * aubergine in to four.

Two lots I coated with an almond and egg mixture (as in the DD recipe) then added garlic powder and smoked paprika to one lot and cayenne pepper to the other lot.

The uncoated half I divided in to two lots and turned in garlic olive oil - then to one lot I added smoked paprika and garlic powder and the other I just did plain (just in the garlic olive oil).

Then baked them all for 10 minutes (tested and didn't feel cooked) so then baked for another 10 minutes. After 20 mins they were all nicely slightly toasted looking.

By far the nicest were the uncoated ones that were just turned over in the flavoured oil and sprinkled with smoked paprika and garlic powder. I didn't at all like either sort that were coated in the ground almond and egg - they were just .... wrong.... somehow. Even the dogs didn't much like them (and my dogs being mostly labradors will eat just about anything).

The second best were the ones that were just turned over in the garlic oil before baking but they were a bit bland and I needed to add salt before eating.

Yes, I know, I have too much time on my hands. :)

*cut up in to traditional chip shapes
You've saved me some time @Chook - so my way of doing them with the paprika/garlic salt still the best. Your experiments leaves me with the option of trying an almond flour batter and deep frying. Wasn't happy with the aubergine available yesterday and today so will need to wait until next week.

blanc71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Alpro oat yogurt with raspberries
Two Brown rolls with liver sausage and red chillies.
And a 25g bar of aldi 85% chocolate because I keep going low ish.

Reactions: Ultramum and Chook

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Catch up time again! Thunder rumbling away outside so glad I don't have to go out again and won't be going out tomorrow either as it is Edinburgh Marathon day and it ends about 1/2 mile from our house at No 1's school. All our streets have barriers to stop illegal parking . We have passes to get in and out but you don't want to as it is utter chaos on the streets. Town was really busy today as we were all making sure we were not taking cars out tomorrow unless we had to.
After my unintentional fast on Thursday , I decided to have a cooked breakfast yesterday as I was hungry and I had aqua fit.
B. 2 rashers of crispy bacon, 1 fried egg, 1 Slice black pudding , 2 san manzano tomatoes, 2 chestnut mushrooms.
L. Tassimo morning coffee and a dash of cream
D. Cooked chicken breast with lettuce, tomato, 1/2 avocado, 2 Walnuts, boiled egg and helmanns.
No 90% - fell asleep on sofa. Must have been Thursday catching up on me.

Saturday

Swimming with No 1 as usual . He was a bit off colour as was No 2 due to too much cake! Only shopping I did after swimming was a quick visit to the garden centre with hubby to get more compost (ours is stewing again) and more pots. After that quick trip to Lidl for high protein rolls.
B. Boiled egg
L. Tassimo morning coffee and a dash of cream and a Lidl high protein roll with lurpack, tomato, lettuce, thin Slice of ham and a little cheese coleslaw.
D. Salad again. Despite the thunder it is still muggy.
Mixed meats, lettuce, tomato, 1/2 avocado, cheese coleslaw and a couple of Walnuts
Suspect I will have 2 squares 90% while watching Britain's got talent.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Away for the weekend. 23,800 steps while sightseeing around Glasgow.

Breakfast - skipped

Lunch - Five Guys, bunless cheeseburger wrapped in lettuce with mayo, tomato and onion

Snack - 2 squares Lindt 90% which lowered blood sugar from 5.2 down to 4.9 before dinner

Dinner - take away from Nando's and back to the hotel in time to eat while watching the cup final; plain chicken leg; 3 plain wings and salad; 2 more squares of 90%

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheese omelette and mushrooms

Cold fathead pizza and salad with olives

Church BBQ - 3 chicken drumsticks, two ribs, two lots of salad and coleslaw (made by me so knew it was ok), two strawberries with cream and an unmeasured amount of wine!

Reactions: Goonergal

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@maglil55 i don't understand why you quoted my food diary for Friday? Did I put something wrong?
Not at all. I have no idea how it got there. I was replying to @Chook and your food diary popped up underneath and it wouldn't go away. Tried to add a comment and it wouldn't let me do that either. The wonders of the internet!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@maglil55 i don't understand why you quoted my food diary for Friday? Did I put something wrong?
But I must admit I keep seeing Black Forest Gateaux every time you enter Fruits. It has resulted in me bringing home one of the said Gateaux for the carb eaters tomorrow. I will look at it longingly and think about how to make a low carb version.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
http://www.diabeticgoodbaking.com/2016/01/black-forest-gateau.html
black%2Bforest.jpg

I know, I am evil. I can't help myself.