What to do Post Prediabetes?

kumera

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Diabetic patients should modify their diet according to their requirements. My diet consists of one cup of cooked rice + a lot of vegetables + fish curry. Long wheat flour is also used to make other foods. My fasting blood sugar is between 4.7 mmol/L to 5.3 mmol/L. I check my FBS daily and make necessary adjustments in my diet. I have no diabetic complications even after 26 years (from the date of diagnosis). I have avoided sugar, fat and oils in my diet after the diagnosis of DMT2.
The production of insulin varies in each diabetic patient. A normal person has 200 units of insulin stock in the pancreas and secretes 30 to 50 units daily.
That's great :) Obviously everyone is different, seems like this diet really works for you :D

Reactions: Ultramum

Sally66

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the reply.
Result was 40 so it's at the top end of Normal.
Quite happy with LCHF diet and would like to lose more weight, so I will continue.
Would really like an idea of how many carbs to eat daily.

Exactly the same happened to me. I got the pre-diabetes diagnosis, went on low carb regime with regular moderate exercise and lost over 3 stone. My BG went back to normal but I haven't changed a thing. I have change for life now and know I will have to continue to maintain those "normal" levels. It is hard sometimes when eating out socially but I've accepted it's for life.

Reactions: Ultramum

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Practical Prescriber (Sixteenth Edition) published by Dr. Aspi F. Golwalla MD, FACC, FCPS, FCCP and Dr.Sharukh A. Golwalla MD (Med) DM (Card), FCCP. (ISBN No.978-93-80206-22-6)

Hello, gangadharan_nair. You post in a very directive manner; almost in the manner of some health care professionals? Are you a health care professional (doctor, nurse, educator, or the like)?

As you are finding out, many members like to understand the source of an suggestions, so that they might do their own background reading and research.

In the UK, there is a widely help understanding that no single approach is appropriate for everyone. For Type 2 Diabetics, there appears to a less tethered approach to high carb eating, than in some other countries.

Of course, that doesn't mean all T2 diabetics need to reduce their carb content for a good outcome, but many do, when faced with the alternative of starting or increasing medications.

Reactions: kumera and Ultramum