What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B - Greek yoghurt with nuts

L- Handful ( okay 2) dry roasted peanuts

D- bbq of chicken, lamb burger and sausage with salad and red wine, cheese for pud

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs in sweet buttereggs, 4 thin slices turkey bacon, 1 cup of Dahi Yogurt

Dinner - pastrami on thin slice of buttered rye (15 carb total), cup and a half of yellow beet borsht, home made, with mushrooms and full fat sour cream

plan to snack later, probably chicharones

All sounds yummy. :) Do you have a recipe for the borsht? I didn't know you could make it with yellow beetroot and I've got some growing in my garden.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Breakfast: Roasted and buttered Lidl protein roll with two scrambled s

Lunch: Mozzarella pearls, olives, cherry tomatoes and goat's cheese and lettuce

Dinner: Grilled Lamb chops with aubergine and peppers cooked in butter, mangetout

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday:
B: ham and eggs with a few chips
L: not needed
D: tuna in lemon mayo, huge green salad, and a blob of vanilla Haagen Daas.

Astonished that my BG didn't rise above 7.4 at any point, all day. Bloomin awesome, but I think the heat helped A LOT.

Today
B: bacon and egg with a little potato hash
L: won't be needed
D: dietdoctor pork steak with broccoli in dill mayo and some cheesy slimnoodles (emptying the fridge)

Reactions: Chook and mo53
B

badcat

B - nothing
L - not a meal as such but been picking at the avocado Pie when hungry so Ive eating about 1 portion over the course of the afternoon
D - a work in progress! i currently have a cheeky little organic rib eye steak and 6 mushrooms cooking on the griddle pan. 1/2 the steak and all of the mushrooms will be for dinnner with some rocket. The other half of the steak is destined for a steak salad later in the week
Drinks - couple of coffees with lactofree cream, water with lemon

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Chook

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Raspberries and cream

L. Camambert,coal nuts and a slice of ham.

D. Vegetable curry with a B Free quinoa and chia seed wrap. Strawberries and cream.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had No 2 grandson all day today so a good day to fast. Until evening I was on black tea or bouillon and water of course. Went visiting after feeding No 2 lunch as brother and SIL are off tomorrow to go visit 1st granddaughter (we had a family of boys up to this point) so wanted to drop off a present.

B/L - Nothing apart from black tea or bouillon and water
D. A mish mash of leftovers. A really weird meal which I couldn't finish. A few fresh anchovies, half the chilli salmon from 2 days ago, 5 bits of the tikka chicken from yesterday, tbsp chilli coleslaw, lettuce, 4 assorted mini tomatoes, 1/2 avocado, few bits roasted peppers, 3 Walnuts, cheddar mini, 4 mozzarella pearls and helmanns. Left half - just too much.
1 wheyhay chocolate ice cream.
BG was same again but phone with all my figures recorded is charging at the moment.

Reactions: mo53 and Chook

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Breakfast: 2 fried eggs on a toasted and buttered Lidl roll

Lunch: Fish and mushy peas (from the chippy) - only ate a small amount of the batter

Dinner: Not sure - half a dozen of us are going to a friend's house for a 'girls night in' so it could be anything although my friend knows the sort of things I eat and why. My contribution is Prosecco, chocolate and cheeses.

Drinks: Lots and lots of Prosecco - although it won't be a late night cos Mr C has got an MRI booked for 8.30 tomorrow morning in Sheffield which is 50 minutes away.

B

badcat

B - nothing
L- some avocado pie and 6 almonds
D - made a green salad and had that with yesterdays left over 1/2 rib eye steak, 1/2 avocado, a couple of sundried tomatoes in oil and a couple of dollops of garlic mayo with dijon mustard added - v nice it was too
Drinks - the usual

V pleased the hot weather has broken - being able to sleep last night was wonderful!

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Simple food today
B: 1 slice toasted cheese/ black tea.
L: 1/3 cup home-made veg. soup/ cooked plum tomatoes on 1 slice toast
D: Poached egg, 1 slice bacon, tablespoon baked beans.
Snack: 1x 25 g bar of Moser Roth 70% dark chocolate
Supper may be: Small glass milk.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.7 FBG 6.7 and pre breakfast 7.2 however, I had 2 slices of Tesco high protein bread for brunch and BG shot up to 9.5 - Won't do that again. Aqua got it back down.
B. Marigold Swiss bouillon
L. 2 slices of Tesco high protein bread with thin ham and red Leicester
D.Tassimo morning coffee and a dash of cream. Jamaican jerk chicken and cauliflower cheese.
Wheyhay protein ice cream and 1 Strawberry

Got a load of new school clothes to label for next term. I have the patience to sew them on and at least they stay on.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Breakfast: 2 fried eggs on a toasted and buttered Lidl roll

Lunch: Fish and mushy peas (from the chippy) - only ate a small amount of the batter

Dinner: Not sure - half a dozen of us are going to a friend's house for a 'girls night in' so it could be anything although my friend knows the sort of things I eat and why. My contribution is Prosecco, chocolate and cheeses.

Drinks: Lots and lots of Prosecco - although it won't be a late night cos Mr C has got an MRI booked for 8.30 tomorrow morning in Sheffield which is 50 minutes away.

Good job I took the nuts and cheese because it was a home delivery pizza, Thorntons and DVD night. Had a good time but had some cold roast chicken when I got home :( (The Prosecco was nice).

Reactions: mo53

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
(very early) Breakfast: Two boiled eggs and buttered Lidl roll soldiers

Snack: Alpro roasted almond milk (unsweetened) with some no added sugar banana flavour Crusha - it was lovely to taste banana again even if it was 'flavour' - this was a really low cal and low carb drink

Lunch: Packed lunch of half a pack of Lidl mozzarella balls (the ones that are less than the size of a walnut) and half a pack of their chilled mixed olives - with some lettuce - which had no affect on my BG whatsoever :)

Dinner: Roast chicken, salad, grilled chilli halloumi, baked aubergine

Dessert/supper: about 40g of fresh Raspberries

Reactions: mo53

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.6 FBG 6.4 and pre breakfast was 6.7. Avoided high protein bread - will stick to one slice now.
B/L slice ham with pomegranate molasses. Tbsp prawn, fresh anchovies, boiled egg, lettuce, tomatoes and bacon bits. Tassimo morning coffee with cream.
D. Beef strips with peppers, onions and paprika and Oomi Noodles.
Think I'll have a prosecco been a busy day.
Swimming this morning, back to ours to drop off swimming stuff, out again to school fete, took son shopping after fete. Picked up No 1 from ours (didn't want to go shopping and he had Papa building lego), dropped them at home then went off for my own shopping and it's all away now. Now I have dinner to make then I can relax until tomorrow when I have a bit of cooking to do.

B

badcat

B - nothing
L - nothing
Teatime - made what was supposed to be a batch of low carb granola bars using a recipe from diet doctor but it didnt quite go to plan - the 'dough ' was sticky enough but once it was baked nothing held together so it ended up like a granola ish mix. Still a couple of spoons of that with a dollop of extra thick double cream was more than acceptable!
D - finished off the avocado pie with some watercress and rocket salad
Drinks - the usual

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Raspberries and cream

L. Bacon, egg, sausage.

D. Vegetable curry with a chapatti. Strawberries and cream

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Breakfast: Lidl protein roll bacon sandwich

Lunch: No idea - at my MIL's house for lunch

Dinner: Depends on lunch - could be a carvery on the way home from MIL or it could be deli meats, cheeses, taramasalata and salad at home.

Prosecco

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed on 6.6 FBG 5.1 and pre breakfast 7. Busy cooking day. I've already got chicken and veg cooking to make mushroom soup. Got a good selection of mushrooms yesterday. You food reminded me @Chook that I meant to get more Lidl High Protein rolls yesterday. Hubby is busy putting a large collection of mushrooms through the food processor ready for the soup. I prefer to get them chopped raw rather than blend as I like the texture.
B/L slice of M&S roast ham with pomegranate molassess, last spoonful of the prawns, lettuce, 4 Santini tomatoes, boiled egg, tbsp cheese coleslaw and Helmanns. Tassimo morning coffee and a dash of cream.
D. Usual campari and soda and a wee prosecco.
Home made cream of mushroom soup
Fat Head Chicken pot pie with spinach, green beans and sprouting cauliflower and that best ever cheesy cauliflower mash

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/?s=Better+than+potatoes
http://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/chicken-pot-pie-low-carb-gluten-free/

I have pineapple upside down cake for the carb eaters and if I want I'll have a wheyhay ice cream with 3 strawberries.

B

badcat

Todays menu has been
B- 2 scrambled eggs with butter, 1/2 of a Josephs low carb wrap
L- 100g tenderstem broccoli with 25g goats cheese and a tablespoon of chilli flavour munchy seeds
D - I plan to make a mushroom and cream cheese sauce affair and have that with some oomi noodles and some watercress

Last edited by a moderator:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Leftovers day - bed 6.7 FBG 7 and pre breakfast was 7.2. Sitting a wee bit higher than the last few days but it has been dropping gradually since breakfast.
B. 3 rashers streaky crispy bacon, fried egg, Portobello mushroom, 3 cherry tomatoes and Tassimo morning coffee with cream.
L. Bowl of yesterday's mushroom soup.
D. The last pot pie from yesterday. The topping isn't like pastry but it is still tasty and the filling.....that filling is totally delicious. Will certainly make them again. Will have the remains of yesterday's veg and cauliflower mash.

Mushroom soup is one of the better ones too and I still have about 6 portions left. It may not make it to the freezer