What's your weird hypo symptom?

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
all of these replies resonate with me -- at different times I have experienced most of those feelings.

I am normally pretty laid back -- so an increase in my feeling of wanting to disagree is a pretty certain sign for me.

OShoot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Modern analog and humulin insulins. I hate them.
Pleez T1's do not ever allow your BG to drop below 3.2 Mmls. Having been T1 for 66 years and after numerous Hypo episodes (Mainly at night) my mental abilities can be likend to desert sand. Problem is with the newer analog insulins the brain no longer reacts to or does not appear to discern low BG's. Regular BG testing is therefore manditory.

I am am physically well, however mentally a shipwreck.

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
I had a strange one after a long late afternoon cycle a few weeks back. My vision went 'blue' as if I had blue tinted glasses on. Wasn't particularly low ~ 3.5 mmol. Mentioned at it my recent doctors appointment and got the usual answer , 'don't go low.......'

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I recognise most of the symptoms mentioned - but mostly I get very quiet and intense.

But my 'weirdest' symptoms - the ones that freak me out because they are the real danger signals for me of a very quick, massive drop - are a numb tongue and lips together with loud clicking in my ears.

I rarely get that sort of hypo now I'm better able to control my sugars because of my pump, thankfully.

Lorraine1973

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had a bad hypo in aldi everyone looked at me as if I was ******. I just swayed smiled and waved to them then shouted to my daughter "think I need my glucose tabs" whilst gripping the trolley x

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
When I saw this video for the first time, it seemed to me that Polly Jean was turning a hypo into an art form between 2:25 and 2:40. Some of those twitchy moves resonate with me. Incredibly talented artist -who else would get away with sitting on a stool and twitching around a bit?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark_1

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I recognise most of the symptoms mentioned - but mostly I get very quiet and intense.

But my 'weirdest' symptoms - the ones that freak me out because they are the real danger signals for me of a very quick, massive drop - are a numb tongue and lips together with loud clicking in my ears.

I rarely get that sort of hypo now I'm better able to control my sugars because of my pump, thankfully.

Yes.
When my cheekbones go numb, i need to treat it urgently. The next stage after that is vicious rage.
Fortunately, like you on your pump, getting my carbs down enough has made these very rare.

Reactions: Snapsy