Monitors

WizWas

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All
Newbie, just been diagnosed a week :) Apologies if this has been asked before.

So when I was diagnosed last week we immediately bought an Exactive Easy monitor. Nice and easy to use, and the results that I got tied in with the readings I was getting in hospital. Happy days.
So being a bit of a geek I started looking at the different monitors and bought the WaveSense JAZZ Bluetooth monitor.

When it arrived I tested it but was surprised that it was around 10 mmol/l higher than the Exactive Easy Monitor.

Using the WaveSense I then tested three samples from the same drop of blood and they were (about) the same reading. Did the same with the Exactive Easy monitor and again got 3 similar readings, but 10-12 mmol/l lower than the WaveSense.

So, Is this normal, and which one should I trust (loosely speaking!)

Many thanks

Pete

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Pete.

10 to 12 mmol/l is a huge difference, something is wrong somewhere. Have you done a check with a control solution which may have come with the meter?

Reactions: WizWas

WizWas

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes on both, and they are both within the range on the test strips pack.
I even called the support number on the WaveSense monitor and after doing some tests they determined that their monitor was working fine and the Exactive monitor was not working properly, despite the Exactive results being in line with the hospitals results.

Not quite sure what to do now o_O