Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning All

7.2 today and my 16 day average (all results, not just fasting) has climbed to 6.4, whereas before this last problem I was holding it around 5.4. It is true that I've changed meters though, and the new one was usually reading higher than my old one when I ran comparisons. Put on 2lbs last week, which will please my dietician and gastro nurses, not so much the diabetic ones....
6.4 is a very good average Tim. I'm sure your diabetic team are very pleased with it and your hard work.
Well done.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All

7.2 today and my 16 day average (all results, not just fasting) has climbed to 6.4, whereas before this last problem I was holding it around 5.4. It is true that I've changed meters though, and the new one was usually reading higher than my old one when I ran comparisons. Put on 2lbs last week, which will please my dietician and gastro nurses, not so much the diabetic ones....
Big hugs to you honey. You're doing brilliantly:)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
a bit embarrassing to admit... but I did binge in a big-bag of chips last night and ate the whole thing 300 grams of potato chips (my number was 5.2 before sleep) but thats why my morning blood glucose was 6.4 mmol this morning ...so today no breakfast and then straight to fitness only a small packet of chewing gum Nemesis is with you everywhere

D

Deleted member 308541

That's the bread coming back to bite you
emoji23.png
I was at 6.7 after two hours post prandial, so the bread did not push me up much really. I doubt if I will get away with it again though.

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Had a terrible night sleep tossing and turning and getting stressed about my background retinopathy (see my post in type 2 board below about feeling ashamed) think I just had "diabetes" on my mind before bed, resulted in a really rubbish 7.0 this morning!! Does stress affect your blood sugar? Yesterday was 5.6, I could actually cry with this high result, along with feeling stressed about retinopathy and my weight had hit a plateau and I don't know how to shift it. Currently doing an extra half an hour run on the treadmill before an hours class of hiit training, eating 1200 calories a day. Thinking maybe the 5:2. Sorry for the long post.

Yes, stress can increase blood sugar levels...and I get that you generally get lower readings in the morning but, to be honest, 7mmols is not really that bad! I take it you know all about the liver dumping glucose into the system while we sleep? I don't know if you are on low carbs? Anyway, point it..it is what it is...stressing about it won't solve anything. Let's see how it is tomorrow.