Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been in the 8s all week and 8.4 @ 6:30 this morning with no change in diet ...

Some detective work - back been playing up and taking more codeine based meds so also upped the sugar free sodium piccolinate to avoid the side effects - read the chemical ingredients and maltitol is almost as bad for blood sugar readings as glucose syrup even though it is technically 'sugar free'

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
4.8 this morning - back on the wagon (after having a slight hiccup due to being on holiday for a week - shall we say the occasional ice cream and sausage roll?!). Really must go and get my bloods done this week - my docs keep sending me text reminders. Hopefully my cholesterol levels will be going down - after going medium fat and taking artichoke tablets.

Arizona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.9 for me this morning which I'm not happy with so had cereal for breakfast at 08.00.
At 11.30 blood sugar had crashed and sweating crazily. Checked and 4.9. Doesn't sound too low, but for me that is way low and unpleasant. Grabbed some food and waiting to get back to normal.

Hey-ho first crash in a long time.

Arizona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.9 for me this morning which I'm not happy with so had cereal for breakfast at 08.00.
At 11.30 blood sugar had crashed and sweating crazily. Checked and 4.9. Doesn't sound too low, but for me that is way low and unpleasant. Grabbed some food and waiting to get back to normal.

Hey-ho first crash in a long time.

HbA1c_c1AbH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
As requested in another thread.... state your fasting numbers here.
My fasting level today 8.3.:( ****. Over to other T2s now....

Today at 6am my mmol/L was 7.8.

At 6.40am I had a 5mm thick piece of Cheddar cheese. Between 7am-8am I did my Monday morning powerlifting and pullups. At 9am, my mmol/L was 13.2?

Almost double from a slice of Cheese? Nothing else and fasted from 10pm to 6am.

Does anybody know why a slice of cheese would have this effect on my Blood sugar? I ate no carbs yesterday at all. Last night for dinner I had a lean Chicken Breast with mixed veg. (swede, carrot and peas).

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Today at 6am my mmol/L was 7.8.

At 6.40am I had a 5mm thick piece of Cheddar cheese. Between 7am-8am I did my Monday morning powerlifting and pullups. At 9am, my mmol/L was 13.2?

Almost double from a slice of Cheese? Nothing else and fasted from 10pm to 6am.

Does anybody know why a slice of cheese would have this effect on my Blood sugar? I ate no carbs yesterday at all. Last night for dinner I had a lean Chicken Breast with mixed veg. (swede, carrot and peas).
Mine does the same on exercise. Mine raises because of the stress of the exercise then the adrenalin to continue when fatigued. Well, when I was swimming, jogging or cycling. Slow walking in pleasure doesn't do it but if having to be somewhere for a set time. The stress rockets it sky high.
Cheese can help before bed or before exercise. Your post alarms me as your cheese (liver block) wasn't effective in preventing your rise.
Many have to try different fatty proteins to find the right liver block for them.
It worked well for me once I found what worked for me. I hope you find your solution. :)

Reactions: Freema