HbA1c update

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had my second HbA1c test last week (the first being only 7 weeks or so after diagnosis) and we are now down to 4.5%/25.7.

February 2017 - 10.5%
April 2017 -6.7%
August 2017 - 4.5%
Those are some impressive stats there @Winterwatch! Congratulations to you:)

How often are you having hypos?

MartinK9

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations on all your hard work to achieve some great results. Keep it up. :)

Norwich1947

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Congratulations to you. My 13 year old just had his first clinic check since being diagnosed 6 weeks ago. Upon diagnosis he was 139. He is now 67 which has halved. Hoping to half that again at his next check. Hope we follow in your footsteps. Well done

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
This shows how "low carb" makes calculating insulin doses so much easier for people with Type1. Most people will Type1 take many years to get results this good, assuming the ever do so.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This shows how "low carb" makes calculating insulin doses so much easier for people with Type1. Most people will Type1 take many years to get results this good, assuming the ever do so.
Low carb doesn't make calculation of insulin doses any easier @ringi. I know that because I'm T1 and have tried high, moderate and low carb - also ketosis.

What is more likely is a strong honeymoon period can deal with the very little carbohydrate that is being consumed.

Insulin dose calculations becoming easier from low carbing and barely eating carbs whilst in a honeymoon are two very different things and must not be confused. LC only allows for smaller error margins when dosing. But that's only really applicable if you're carb counting skills are poor.

Long may you're superb HbA1c's continue @Winterwatch - but don't be disappointed if you see gradual increases over the next year or two - you've still done extremely well:)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Amazing progress, well done.