Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Rooting for you BB.

I'm as fascinated as you are with the whole insulin levels and testing, but I am happy for you to be the first on here to dip your toe into the testing. ;)

Basically, I want to get my insulin resistance down (FAR less interested in weight loss because I have had too many disappointments in that area to get my hopes up), but I am reaching the point where I think the only way to really get my insulin resistance down is by fat fasting or water fasting or absurd amounts of exercise. And (for obvious reasons!) those only have limited sustainability.

Reactions: ziggy_w

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Watching with interest bb, as my weight has now plateaued and I would like to lose another 16llb.

Tried the zero carbing for two weeks, but found it a bit boring, did lose a couple of pound though.

Xx

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear oh dear oh dear
The thought of what all those eggs would do to my digestive tract is truly horrific.

I would rather eat pure butter all day (although if I were fat fasting I could make life, and fat, a great deal more interesting!)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I don't think I could eat pure fat - even if it was gorgeous butter - I'm actually not sure I could manage the egg fast either. I struggled enough with that Zero Carb experiment I did. :confused::eek::wideyed:

Reactions: ziggy_w and Freema

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I know I couldn't handle all that dairy. Wonder what could replace it?
The butter would be fine...I think. But not the cheese. I wonder why so much cheese is allowed as it does cause a large insulin spike. Hm...

S

serenity648

I know I couldn't handle all that dairy. Wonder what could replace it?
The butter would be fine...I think. But not the cheese. I wonder why so much cheese is allowed as it does cause a large insulin spike. Hm...
thats interesting. Cheese, especially hard cheese doesnt spike me at all.

Reactions: LalaALH and ziggy_w

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Me neither, but maybe that's because we are all T2's and @Kristin251 is LADA?
I'm sure that's the case but dairy is known to spike insulin in everyone. Type 2'a just might not notice it as imagine is very low and slow with all that fatty goodness. And I do need to take insulin when I eat it. But it has protein as well and I need insulin for that. Not sure how high I would go without it. Never tried it.
I should. I love cheese. All cheese just some more than others.

S

serenity648

I'm sure that's the case but dairy is known to spike insulin in everyone. Type 2'a just might not notice it as imagine is very low and slow with all that fatty goodness. And I do need to take insulin when I eat it. But it has protein as well and I need insulin for that. Not sure how high I would go without it. Never tried it.
I should. I love cheese. All cheese just some more than others.

Not disagreeing, but surprised about this as cheese/dairy actually reduces my blood sugar reaction/spike in a way that other proteins (including fatty ones) dont. Its amazing how different we all are in our reactions, isnt it. I am now very wary of telling anyone that a reaction to anything is a given, as the variations we read about on here show that nothing can be taken for granted when it comes to blood sugar reactions : )

Do you have a link to where it says that dairy is know to spike everyone, so I can have a good read in case i am missing or misunderstanding something please?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did a ketone test this afternoon as new strips arrived from Spirit Healthcare today.
Reading was 0.8 so nicely in nutritional ketosis. Can now test daily as I bought 40 strips.
Just tested bloods 2 hours after 3 egg cheese omelette this evening and got 4.5 after FBG this morning of 5.1 and a mid afternoon 4.6. I usually go into the 3's on the third day of a fast so lets see what happens tomorrow although we're out all day so I might have to fiddle food somewhere.. also I made the remarkable discovery that coffee is ok with only one tablespoon (15ml) of double cream so that could halve my cream intake.. except I had an extra coffee.. oops

Todays food looks like this..
Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 21.30.15.png

I used my butter ration to fry the omelette.
No real hunger pangs and feel fine.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Numbers this morning

Weight 210.4
Body Fat 27%
Visceral fat 12
BMI 28.5
FBG 4.2!

Not bad but loosing less quickly than before when I have liquid only fasted.. does this mean my insulin resistance has changed?
I have read that the less insulin resistance the less speedy the weight loss and this is certainly backed up with my FIT (Fasting Insulin Test) figures...
Still feeling good and @Brunneria this morning's ablutions were satisfyingly substantial..TMI possibly.. but I know she's interested really...

Reactions: ziggy_w and Pipp

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Numbers this morning

Weight 210.4
Body Fat 27%
Visceral fat 12
BMI 28.5
FBG 4.2!

Not bad but loosing less quickly than before when I have liquid only fasted.. does this mean my insulin resistance has changed?
I have read that the less insulin resistance the less speedy the weight loss and this is certainly backed up with my FIT (Fasting Insulin Test) figures...
Still feeling good and @Brunneria this morning's ablutions were satisfyingly substantial..TMI possibly.. but I know she's interested really...

Lovely!! Definitely TMI!!! :dead::wideyed::eek: