T2 Four months now

T2newbie

Hello fellow type 2's!
Had my diagnosis beginning of May this year. Instantly went on a low carb diet. Bought bungy pump walking sticks to intensify my almost daily power walks. Started biking when possible. Droped my hba1c from 62 to 47 in a month.
Keep loosing weight (about 2-3 kg per month)
My morning bg, though, rarely drops under 6.0 on my meter.
My doctor says that is fine, just would like to check with you guys wether you agree.
Is there anything you would recommend to make it lower?

All the best
P

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
It's not an issue ... keep it up and see in another 3 months. Weight is what? That is, what was the starting point?

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @T2newbie I see from your previous post that your fbg was 8.8 in May. So you have done well to bring it down.
Any fbg reading between 4-7 is good for a T2. My fbg averages 6.3 and I'm quite happy with that. What is more important is how much your bg reading spikes after eating.
I have been fasting since the beginning of the month. My fbgs did go down into the 5s last week, but have gone up again, into the 6s, over the last four days. I think it is probably due to Dawn Phenomenon.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is there anything you would recommend to make it lower?

Have a read on Dr Jason Fung's writeup.
https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/dawn-phenomenon-t2d-8/
The Dawn Phenomenon, or higher blood sugars during fasting does not mean you are doing anything wrong. It’s a normal occurrence. It just means that you have more work to do.

Some people have normal blood sugars except for the Dawn Phenomenon. This still indicates that there is too much sugar stuffed into their liver. They need to keep burning down that sugar. It means there is much more work to be done before they are cleared of their diabetes.

Think about it this way. The Dawn Phenomenon is simply moving sugar from body stores (liver) into the blood. That’s it. If your body stores are filled to bursting, then you will expel as much of that sugar as possible. By itself it is neither good nor bad. It is simply a marker that your body has too much sugar. Solution? Simple. Either don’t put any sugar in (LCHF) or burn it off (Fasting). Even better? LCHF + IF.

It took a couple of intermittent fasting sessions for my FBG to go below 5.5 mmol consistently. But I have not been able to hold it below 5.0 mmol except when I am on occasional multi-day fast.

Reactions: T2newbie and Prem51

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Starting in may @ 121 kg
Beginning of august 107 kg
Congratulations on your new healthy life strategies. I like Nordic walking poles too, you have reminded me to dig them out for the most vigorous kind of walking workout. I don't know if the following link is to someone reputable or not, but this chap too says that what counts is post-prandial readings. It makes sense to me, but what do I know???
http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/15945839.php

Reactions: kokhongw

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know if the following link is to someone reputable or not, but this chap too says that what counts is post-prandial readings. It makes sense to me, but what do I know???
http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/15945839.php

Thanks for this link...it is a good reminder to continue to watch out for post meal glucose spikes...Jenny Ruhl provides some of the most meaningful extracts for us.