S

Sable_Jan

0a99dafac380a5e37826e7ce7c65d1bf.jpg

S

Sable_Jan

Latest...
cc37064625432ca0a92f6aaab53fa278.jpg
ca1d70083e590b46ef33415a09d006ed.jpg

The flap can flap over or tuck into the front pocket. Got a stiffened divider too

S

Sable_Jan

We have all been very quiet of late! What is everyone up to?
Busy doing loads to stock my Etsy shop apart from last fortnight. Thought I'd best not post all pictures or DCUK might consider me promoting my stuff on here

Just happy being me

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We have all been very quiet of late! What is everyone up to?

Well, my 40 yr old New Home sewing machine didn't exactly die, but it got very, very sick. I think it might be diabetic - it's seems very tired and has neuropathy in it's tension! So I've purchased a new one - a Singer heavy duty machine, I've opened it and set it up, but other work things have gone a bit mad at the start of term, so I've not had a chance to use it.

I've been getting paintings together for an exhibition in a couple of weeks and have set myself up a shop page on the artfinder website. https://www.artfinder.com/lesley-hale#/

Reactions: Sable_Jan
S

Sable_Jan

Well, my 40 yr old New Home sewing machine didn't exactly die, but it got very, very sick. I think it might be diabetic - it's seems very tired and has neuropathy in it's tension! So I've purchased a new one - a Singer heavy duty machine, I've opened it and set it up, but other work things have gone a bit mad at the start of term, so I've not had a chance to use it.

I've been getting paintings together for an exhibition in a couple of weeks and have set myself up a shop page on the artfinder website. https://www.artfinder.com/lesley-hale#/
Pretty pictures

Just happy being me

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I was knitting blanket squares for an arts festival in my area but the picnic was last weekend so now I can get back to selfish knitting! At the moment I'm working on a cardigan and a pair of socks

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've just bought the bits for Christmas cards. I just need to get some designs sorted out now. It is years since I made the cards but who knows. I might even get them all done

cherylt1d

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi im new to the forum and i like to crochet. I can knit and cross stitch also but my strengths lie in crochet. I currently crochet octos for premature babies

S

Sable_Jan

Hi im new to the forum and i like to crochet. I can knit and cross stitch also but my strengths lie in crochet. I currently crochet octos for premature babies
Hi Cheryl, I've not come across "octos" before.......could you tell me what they are please?

Reactions: cherylt1d

cherylt1d

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Cheryl, I've not come across "octos" before.......could you tell me what they are please?
Hi, yeah sure. They are crocheted octopuses that are made and thouroghly inspected and then passed onto premature babies in some hospitals. If you are on facebook search octopus for a preemie

S

Sable_Jan

Hi, yeah sure. They are crocheted octopuses that are made and thouroghly inspected and then passed onto premature babies in some hospitals. If you are on facebook search octopus for a preemie
I did, and saw them but unless I subscribed to the thread couldn't see more than the head pic .... was curious cos my grandson, now a strapping 10 year old, arrived at 27weeks...

Reactions: cherylt1d

cherylt1d

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I did, and saw them but unless I subscribed to the thread couldn't see more than the head pic .... was curious cos my grandson, now a strapping 10 year old, arrived at 27weeks...
Request to join the group x everyone is very helpful and friendly x

S

Sable_Jan

Have been busy making Christmas cards.
There are roadworks on my way home and the alternative route takes me past Hobbycraft. I can see it is going to be an expensive few weeks!
Pleasurable disaster....
I know exactly what you mean. In some ways I'm glad the traffic is always chaos at retail park half mile away...can't walk that far, scooter only dry weather......trouble is Etsy is so darned convenient....

Reactions: donnellysdogs

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I dislike being diabetic and two heavy I am 80kg and want to get down to 50 kg very soon.
Rosie they are Ace i love your water colours lol they are fantastic how did uou start doing those.

I would love to be able to do something like that.

Diligent500