What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hula, hula hula koʻu'ōmaʻomaʻo'ōmaʻomaʻo maikaʻi loa me nā pale mīmū a me nā dudes mālie. This morning I have reached an artistic block regarding silly ways to state my blood sugar levels. Not that my inane ramblings are in any way artistic. Anyways on with it, my waking blood sugars were a plain, dull rather uninteresting 3.0mmols. My little dog is sitting behind my front door waiting for her morning stroll and then it's off to the labour camp for me. Enjoy yourselves one and all of you :)

Thats a tad on the low side surely.?

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5be418dc3f05cfb4718aee1e9d97cd18.jpg

A fresh day dawns.

My morning level of 5,8 remained unaffected by my 6km walk.

And just to prove that beauty really is in the eye of the beholder and that there is no accounting for what will attract my camera's interest...

70bedff2c117775cc26dcdaf8d729f1e.jpg

That appeals to my sense of humour. LOL

D

Diabeticliberty

Thats a tad on the low side surely.?

Too low to be driving? absolutely. Too low to be waking up to? No not at all. At least not for me. For some time I had some issues with 'Dawn Effect' - I tried a number of ways to beat it most of which proved futile. Somebody suggested a glass of red wine before bed. Alas I am weak and cannot drink wine by the single glass. In any case it didn't work. Somebody suggested cheese. My house got infested with mice and that didn't work either. Nor did a multitude of other crackpot schemes. Mine however works very well. It is however a solution that I think most type 1's would not consider workable for them. It does however give me results with which I am comfortable and my doctor just loves my HbA1c results.:)

D

Diabeticliberty

7.8 today. Not very happy about it. I'm sure it'll come down.

This may be higher than you possibly might like but by no means is it 'silly high' I think you are absolutely correct and of course it will come down. Being unhappy about it is of course perfectly natural but will just give you a miserable time of it.

Reactions: Granny_grump_

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning guys :) was a 5.0 for me at 7am and todays the day I see the consultant, really hoping he can help me see things clearer and push things through with the psychologist etc, keep your fingers and toes crossed for me please! LOL :) x

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning guys :) was a 5.0 for me at 7am and todays the day I see the consultant, really hoping he can help me see things clearer and push things through with the psychologist etc, keep your fingers and toes crossed for me please! LOL :) x

Hope you'll get the help and support you need crossing Fingers and toes for you

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all :) (19/9/17) at 8am
FBG = 7.3
bit higher than the norm, but I was very hungry! :hungry: been awake since 5amish... but too lazy to get up and feed myself! ;)
Lovely bright and calm day here out in the wild west of Wales :D
Hope all goes well for everyone and hugs to those in need :cat:
Lots of creative posts this morning! Must be the sunshine!! :writer::bookworm:;):)
I'm not attempting to upload any more photos.... til I find out why I get a crick in my neck for looking at them sideways on!!! :banghead::bigtears::hilarious::playful::D:rolleyes: