What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Too low to be driving? absolutely. Too low to be waking up to? No not at all. At least not for me. For some time I had some issues with 'Dawn Effect' - I tried a number of ways to beat it most of which proved futile. Somebody suggested a glass of red wine before bed. Alas I am weak and cannot drink wine by the single glass. In any case it didn't work. Somebody suggested cheese. My house got infested with mice and that didn't work either. Nor did a multitude of other crackpot schemes. Mine however works very well. It is however a solution that I think most type 1's would not consider workable for them. It does however give me results with which I am comfortable and my doctor just loves my HbA1c results.:)

Like the humour in your post. We are all different and so one size does not fit all. Out of curiosity what is your lowest figure you have woken up to.?

nicki_484

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Liver dump often ensures that the waking level is not the lowest of the day. You don't say how long after eating, the level came down to 6.3...which is good as either porridge or pears would certainly spike my blood sugar. The blood sugar can dip before it shoots up again...and the reading needs to be at least 2 hours after eating to see how your level is once it has dipped, spiked and come down again. I'd be very happy with 6.3 two hours after that kind of breakfast.

Thank you. I'm happy that I was 6.3 after eating.
Today my fasting was 7.2 and 2 hours after it was 9.1.. I had porridge again but with blueberries

heavyd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bleaching of skin and lies
Good on you just reduce the carbs they are the main culprit for pushing up our blood glucose levels fill up on veg and small amounts of protein. And ask questions on anything that bothers you people on the whole on here are very helpful and good
Thanks

D

Diabeticliberty

Like the humour in your post. We are all different and so one size does not fit all. Out of curiosity what is your lowest figure you have woken up to.?

The trick at least for me and if it right to call it a trick which of course it isn't is to arrive at a figure with which you comfortably deal with through the night that does not adversely affect your health. It is of course very much true that we are all different. in the early days of trying to kill my Dawn effect I almost killed myself a few times and on occasion I still have the odd 'harum scarem'. Having stuff to deal with hypo's readily to hand is of course essential. I would never ever suggest that anybody runs themselves lower than they feel is appropriate for them. I still have stand up battles with my DSN at pretty much every diabetic review as she constantly tells me that I over manage my own condition. At my last one she suggested that she would like me to raise my HbA1c to 57. I stuffed a copy of the NIHCE recommended figure (46 or below) downloaded from their Website and left in a hurry.

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Thank you. I'm happy that I was 6.3 after eating.
Today my fasting was 7.2 and 2 hours after it was 9.1.. I had porridge again but with blueberries

That's not too much of jump from 7.2 to 9.1 two hours later but I would suggest that you maybe think about avoiding the porridge (or indeed any carbs above 10g per 100g of product) if your starting point is as high as 7.2mmols to ensure that you are not going much above that two hours later. Your levels, given what you are eating, indicate that you could keep those numbers down closer to "normal" with more control of what and when you are eating. It's all about doing what works for us but I get that any diet has to be sustainable otherwise it's just stress. Good luck. ps. it's not like I don't hit those kinds of levels to if I am being a wee bit casual..and pizza can sneak in under my will power's radar..as can evil tasty croissants!

D

Diabeticliberty

Tere hommikust sa oled õnnelik, õnnelik õnnelik diabeetikute lilleseade lastega. This fine September morning I gave been playing a game of diabetic whack a mole. I stuck a quid into the slot and brandishing my mallet the more that I hit had 2.8mmols on its head. It is that time again when I must walk and stick my fingers in my little doggies mouth and remove whatever curious bric a brac and twigs that she can find on our great yomp

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tere hommikust sa oled õnnelik, õnnelik õnnelik diabeetikute lilleseade lastega. This fine September morning I gave been playing a game of diabetic whack a mole. I stuck a quid into the slot and brandishing my mallet the more that I hit had 2.8mmols on its head. It is that time again when I must walk and stick my fingers in my little doggies mouth and remove whatever curious bric a brac and twigs that she can find on our great yomp
I get that we are all different.

And I trust that you know your body and what you are doing!

But we can't be that different!

A glucose level of 2.8 is hypoglycemic in anyone's book, yet you laugh it off like it is perfectly normal!

If I am honest I don't know what to make of this ( that you are able to write the humorous posts that you do, is I suppose proof that you are not hypo)

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a5826b6fdd8555f695d50302f488811f.jpg

Good morning all with a photo from the garden - pink nerium oleander, the giant bird of paradise Strelitzia Excelsa, and two kinds of Palms Washingtonia and Arecastrum (from front to back)

Morning level 5,0 (unchanged after my 5km walk) after a poor night's sleep. Went to see my doctor yesterday and he has asked for some further tests to investigate some up normal results in my latest blood analysis. I don't mean to but I always stress when I have anything to do with doctors and hospitals.
️.

Have a great day everyone!

D

Diabeticliberty

I get that we are all different.

And I trust that you know your body and what you are doing!

But we can't be that different!

A glucose level of 2.8 is hypoglycemic in anyone's book, yet you laugh it off like it is perfectly normal!

If I am honest I don't know what to make of this ( that you are able to write the humorous posts that you do, is I suppose proof that you are not hypo)

What to make of it is not particularly complicated. I have said prior to this post that I have had some fairly bumpy rides with some quite daft dawn effect numbers. When I was going through this it used to take me absolutely ages to get back ahead of the curve. No more of that for me thank you very much. My relatively low morning readings are not by accident they are by design. More importantly things work and work well for me. It is however a very fine line to walk and I will not suggest that I do not sometimes find myself up the proverbial creek without means to power my boat. That is why I permanently have fast acting glucose stuffed in my pyjamas and down my bed socks

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning guys :) was a 5.0 for me at 7am and todays the day I see the consultant, really hoping he can help me see things clearer and push things through with the psychologist etc, keep your fingers and toes crossed for me please! LOL :) x
Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you honey.;):rolleyes: