What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I really do respect all type 2's who are able to achieve what you are doing without any medication. It must take more grit, determination and will power than I can ever dream of. I can cheat as I am given insulin. You lot are just left to pretty much sink or swim. It doesn't seem right to me. It certainly isn't fair.
We all start somewhere @Diabeticliberty . I too am on insulin after having symptoms for 40yrs.
My last hba1c is 48 and gp dn today told me she hasnt see a 48, at all, with her no med or tablets only patients. I was aghast! Or course posters here get that or lower on no meds or tablets only. Posters are the exceptions.....it seems. Fantastic forum, this!

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Numbers to be acutely jealous of. You are a veritable diabetic superhuman of Marvel comics proportion fantastic number :)

Thanks so much, @Diabeticliberty. To be honest, I was extremely lucky. I found some good information early on and was able to get my blood sugar numbers down. Later on, this website and its brilliant members were really helpful in keeping me motivated.

The most difficult thing, I have to admit, is to go against the advice of the medical profession. As we don't have the same kind of training, it does take a lot of self-confidence to choose a novel path.

By the way, your fasting numbers are really impressive too. What are your numbers during the day like?

I really enjoy your humor. It brightens my mornings to read your posts.

D

Diabeticliberty

We all start somewhere @Diabeticliberty . I too am on insulin after having symptoms for 40yrs.
My last hba1c is 48 and gp dn today told me she hasnt see a 48, at all, with her no med or tablets only patients. I was aghast! Or course posters here get that or lower on no meds or tablets only. Posters are the exceptions.....it seems. Fantastic forum, this!

Perhaps I should explain myself. I have been taking insulin for 33 years. I am not type 2. I am type 1. My HbA1c is 46 but that is of course while taking insulin on a daily basis. Short of a massive breakthrough in medical science or a visit from Jesus Christ I am stuck on insulin until I croak. Hopefully this will not be anytime in the next 100 years

D

Diabeticliberty

Thanks so much, @Diabeticliberty. To be honest, I was extremely lucky. I found some good information early on and was able to get my blood sugar numbers down. Later on, this website and its brilliant members were really helpful in keeping me motivated.

The most difficult thing, I have to admit, is to go against the advice of the medical profession. As we don't have the same kind of training, it does take a lot of self-confidence to choose a novel path.

By the way, your fasting numbers are really impressive too. What are your numbers during the day like?

I really enjoy your humor. It brightens my mornings to read your posts.

Daytime numbers are boringly extremely stable. My doctor and nurse seem to feel that I am a control freak and micro manage my condition to the point of obsession. They however do not have to deal with the consequences if things run high for extended periods of time.

Thank you for your comment regarding some of my more silly and downright stupid comments. I have never believed that our condition regardless of type requires us to drag ourselves round in state of perpetual misery. Life really is too short and too fragile.

Kailee56

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Just woke after about 11 hrs sleep. Really needed it.
It could have been higher, but I surprised myself.

Cleaned out my wallet and sorted through all the cards I have in there. I found a gift card for Outback steak house which I had forgotten about and decided to splurge and use it. Before, when I would eat there, I would get a baked potatoe with dinner and a dessert after. I thought about that potatoe the whole way there. When I got to ordering, I realized that I really wanted the broccoli more. Why, because as much as I absolutely love potatoes, and I do mean LOVE potatoes, I hate the way I feel after, not to mention what they do to my glucose reading. After dinner, I realized the same thing for dessert. Taste great for the moment and feel ****** for hours later. So, I left without dessert.

This was a big moment for me. Why? Because when I made these choices I didn't feel like a martyr, I didn't feel deprived, I didn't feel like I had to use self control, I actually didn't want to eat the potatoe or dessert. OMG! Does this mean I am growing up? Since I am 60, it's probably about time.

D

Diabeticliberty

God morgen min vakre diabetiker utvidede familie av type 1 og type 2 overalt. Well the thing is you see this morning I stuck some paint in an old shoe and threw the shoe in the garden. My dog went chasing after the shoe and round a bit with in her mouth the pattern she made in the garden said 3. 3 in will then declare 3.3mmols. The got by the way is now bright blue as the paint is an oil based waterproof gloss. She looks most psychedelic and groovy baby :watching:. I am away now to walk her and then it's oh no........work again. I need 3 or 4 of you for a short term contract involving stockings and a sawn off shotgun. Then it's pronto to South America. Any takers?

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
God morgen min vakre diabetiker utvidede familie av type 1 og type 2 overalt. Well the thing is you see this morning I stuck some paint in an old shoe and threw the shoe in the garden. My dog went chasing after the shoe and round a bit with in her mouth the pattern she made in the garden said 3. 3 in will then declare 3.3mmols. The got by the way is now bright blue as the paint is an oil based waterproof gloss. She looks most psychedelic and groovy baby :watching:. I am away now to walk her and then it's oh no........work again. I need 3 or 4 of you for a short term contract involving stockings and a sawn off shotgun. Then it's pronto to South America. Any takers?
Mmm.... Hubby or prison?!??

Reactions: Cumberland

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3mmols after a cake filled weekend? Blimey that is pretty damned awesome if you ask me. Speaking of cake remember we were talking and you said 'I've got a cake weekend and you had a great big huge enormous massive piece for me? Where is it then?

PS Happy birthday Andy.
Ummmm, :hungry:, Oooop:oops::D. Next year. Promise. And he's 60, so will be a MASSIVE cake :happy:.
6.6 this morning. Happy Tuesday folks.:)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone
BG at 4.30am. 5.9
At 8 am 6.1
That's not a bad result ,only had a cup coffee after last test,won't eat now until lunch.
I usually follow this regime, daily fasting from around 5 pm after evening meal to 12 pm lunchtime following day.
It helps with BG levels and weight loss ,but like some on here I'm not good all the time I have an occasional treat now and then.
I'm not on any meds. just diet controlled, and I've been type2 diabetic for 17 years,never been so grateful to have found this site its brilliant. The help and advice given helps all diabetics have some control probably for the first time since diagnosis. So Thank you Thank you! K
Well said Kathleen. :) And congratulations on your control. xx

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
0b9d4858011edb2efe55d22c101abc91.jpg

Good morning all

Woke up at 5,7 which came down to 5,3 mmol after an 80 minute seven kilometer walk.

I am feeling quite stressed about some medical tests I have to undergo on Friday (gastroscopy and colonoscopy) and taking it out on the road walking even more than usual; I also did a 5km session last night

Hopefully it will prove worrying about nothing.

Have a great day all.

53b8c3cc9096c88c7b8e062132025ec0.jpg