Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Congratulations on getting to the end of a difficult eight weeks, especially as you have had additional problems. xx

Reactions: Peerless67

Muzzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Peerless
Congratulations on achieving 8 weeks and on your recent long range results.
Your report is always useful to me, being one week behind you on the ND.
Your achievements have been fantastic and deserved -Well done you

I am on my last day on the ND today
I have my long range blood test 5/10
I will post my final ND results tomorrow morning.

I don't want to lose any more weight so unsure what I need to do on the low carb diet now.
What sort you of carb level I should be aiming at?

I will continue researching

Peerless67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Results from July and September

bgtest1 001.jpg
bgtest 001.jpg

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Wow! Massive drop - well done!

Reactions: Peerless67

Peerless67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@thepolly @marathonmona @Chook @Muzzer Thank you all for the kind words.

@Muzzer for right now I am keeping my calories down without counting and avoiding to many carbs but without being anal about it. I am not sure what kind of levels you should aim for carb wise but there is some kind of low carb program on this site.
Personally I shall just continue with regular testing and if I see a climb in my BG levels I know I have over done the carbs, I think they call it eating to your meter.
I am like you I do not want to lose any more weight but I will be happy to trade fat for muscle, I am kinda liking my new waistline.
And you have done a great job too, unless you have done 8 weeks of NCD/800 cal, its hard to appreciate just what an achievement it is. And remember you have achieved this without medication, I have managed to avoid 549 tablets to date and I know you must have done a similar amount.
Congratulations and enjoy that steak.

Peerless67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
A full week since the end of the 8 weeks, I am still only having coffee in the morning as I have done all my adult life. I have been having the soup at lunchtime I sometimes have cheese and chili's with it. Evening meals have mainly consisted of chicken in different guises. But I have had curries with cauliflower rice and burritos without rice in them. And sometimes I just have another soup.
I have not been able to get over to Lidls to try their protein bread but I have had some rye vita rye crackers as a substitute for bread. Its gonna take some getting used to.
Still do not have a long term plan in place but I seem to be managing ok at the moment.

My weight is at 72.5 KG and I remain sub 7 for my BG tests.

Reactions: Goonergal

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Remember that your 59 result tells you about what your BG has been like over about the last 13 weeks, therefore does not reflex all the progress you have made.

Muzzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Been a week since finishing ND
Like Peerless, I am learning about new diets (lchf, low carb, keys etc)
Have registered on low carb program here so I can learn more.
Last Sunday, went silly, hitting the low GI bread (had 3 loaves in 2 days)
Plus tried Lidls protein rolls and loved 'em!
My weight gone up 5lns, which I sort of expected.
My BG gone up average between 8 and 9.... so need to look at what I am doing.
Still no meds though

Started running program to get myself up to 5k

Get results for long range bloods next Fri 13/10/17

Reactions: kay1165

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
" low GI bread" is still very high carb and would have done you no good.

All of us with issues with insulin reistance (and hence Type2 past, present, or high risk off) gain fat very quickly when we eat lots of carbs. Don't undo your good work, whenever to consider eating lots of bread consider if is worth having to do the ND for another 8 week to undo the damage.....

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Keep testing BG after meals to monitor effect of various foods, @Muzzer and @Peerless67 . It is called eating to your meter.

Muzzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
" low GI bread" is still very high carb and would have done you no good.

All of us with issues with insulin reistance (and hence Type2 past, present, or high risk off) gain fat very quickly when we eat lots of carbs. Don't undo your good work, whenever to consider eating lots of bread consider if is worth having to do the ND for another 8 week to undo the damage.....
Aye, thanks for the reality check Ringi.
Low GI bread is no longer on my shopping list

Reactions: ringi

thepolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not keeping motivated, eating when not hungry too much of the time. Need to up my distractions
Really good going, @peerless, has your appetite changed as well after doing the ND?

Peerless67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi thepolly I would not say my appetite has changed as such but I do not feel like I have the same calorie requirement I had before. I am still having black coffee for breakfast and soup for dinner, since its only 153 calories I can have a decent sized evening meal. I have been having cheese and chili's as a snack when I feel like it. I am however keeping my carbs down, I am not being anal about it though just cautious. Sorry for the delays with updates my wife just got out the hospital today.
I will bring the thread up to date in the next couple of days.

Peerless67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello people, just a quick update, I am still med free and sub 7s for BG tests. Gained a small amount of weight and I now fluctuate between 74kg and 75kg and still have a 32 inch waist.
Still avoiding large amounts of carbs but other than that am eating what I like.

So all is well, although dreading organising eating over the holidays.

thepolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not keeping motivated, eating when not hungry too much of the time. Need to up my distractions
There are great sites I've found that are keto or low carb and have lots of recipes for festive meals. It's mad that people try to shove food, drink and other unhealthy stuff onto others or just seem unable to comprehend why we make the food changes we do.... So happy it's going well though

Peerless67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello all,
Just a quick update, I am still doing good. Today marks 1,008 tablets not taken. BG seldom rises above 7 post meal.
I have gained a little weight back at around 76KG. Hope everyone has been well.

Off to check on some threads.

thepolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Great to know it's all still going well and that you've managed not to take all those tablets :)... Onwards and upwards