What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. 5.8 today. Surprised I managed to walk down stairs to take blg cos I started an aquafit class last night. And I did yoga on tuesday. No exercise for over 10 years and now 2 a week. I am in total awe of all of you on here that run miles. How on earth do you do it?

Well I don't run miles but I walk and cycle a few miles each day. I started with an app for my phone aimed at 3000 steps per day and did it every day without fail until it felt normal. The upped it to 4000. Then 5000 etc........... Two years on I feel I could walk or cycle all day.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
That is low do you often get such numbers. Do you feel OK at this level?
I've been having poor absorption issues with my pump cannulas, so I've gone back to using pens to give my body time to recover, having a few problems getting insulin levels correct, I got up at 3.30am to check blood glucose which was 6.0 but had dropped significantly by 7.00am so I will reduce long lasting insulin tonight and see what happens, phoned DSN who agreed with going back on MDI to give cannula areas time to recover.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using DCUK Forum mobile app

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My BG for this morning was a nice, round 7.0. Was nice and easy this morning, quick poke, got a nice drop right away, reading done. Probably a minute total. I'm happy with that result, fairly close my number yesterday. Now I can eat.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bonjour à vous tous mes beaux paons et paons diabétiques à plumes. I have just awoken from a dream where I sadly got run over by a double decked bus. The number on the front was 39A. Rather spookily my waking blood are 3.9mmols it's a sign, it's a sign today I shall not be stepping out in front of buses, lorries or fire engines. All have yourselves a splendid Thursday.[/Q
Hi everyone
Late due to blood test at hospital for gout,
BG this morning 6.0
BG this afternoon 5.4.
That sounds like a lot of fun - I love kids of that age! I hope you all have a great time.
I got another 6.2 today - but no chocolate involved this time. Pain-related, I guess, it's been a tough week. :(
Happy Friday, peeps.
lets hope next week is a better week for you :);)

Reactions: ziggy_w
D

Diabeticliberty

And thats just me never mind the kids did i mention there was bouncy castle

Now you're just showing off. The last time I went on a bouncy castle we were in a field in the middle of Cheshire. It was a birthday party and we all had to go in a 'hippy theme' It had rained sold for 4 days and we were all in tents. Good Lord how I hate camping. I was merrily bouncing away with some ladies and a bottle of single malt few out of my pocket. It hit one of the ladies squarely in the nose and she erupted in blood. Fortunately one of the other happy hippy bouncers was a paramedic and applied the required triage. I have never been so drunk since well. ..........Last week on my birthday. Have a happy hippy party Lady K :)

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Now you're just showing off. The last time I went on a bouncy castle we were in a field in the middle of Cheshire. It was a birthday party and we all had to go in a 'hippy theme' It had rained sold for 4 days and we were all in tents. Good Lord how I hate camping. I was merrily bouncing away with some ladies and a bottle of single malt few out of my pocket. It hit one of the ladies squarely in the nose and she erupted in blood. Fortunately one of the other happy hippy bouncers was a paramedic and applied the required triage. I have never been so drunk since well. ..........Last week on my birthday. Have a happy hippy party Lady K :)
The poor kids wont get a look in although your bouncy castle escapade sounds more like my kind of thing ♀️

D

Diabeticliberty

Ma armastan kõiki oma hipiid õnnelikult suhkruhaiguste roosidega ja loodan, et nemad mind ka armastavad. Half past six and still in bed, get me. It's Saturday and I don't care. I had a spooky old dream that involved.......never you mind what it involved. Kylie Minogue and I are still a secret. She did sing to me a bit of a ditty about blood sugars of 3.5mmols and that's what they are. Today with the rivers of Northern England all pretty much in flood I have no fishing and no teaching, I think I might just do very little today or even less. You all have a great day folks

Last edited by a moderator:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lady K I hope you are ok. It's party day and I need you at the very peal of your game for bouncy castleagogo and other mad mental fun and frolics
Im fine thanks mr d had me cuppa an a biscuit il have breakfast soon so il be raring to go soon (dont know about anyone else hubby still in land of nod ) i just cant lie in cant wait for party shenanigans bearing in mind it is a 3 year olds party enjoy your weekend

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Ma armastan kõiki oma hipiid õnnelikult suhkruhaiguste roosidega ja loodan, et nemad mind ka armastavad. Half past six and still in bed, get me. It's Saturday and I don't care. I have a wooden from dream that involved.......never you mind what it involved. Kylie Minogue and I are still a secret. She did sing to me a bit of a ditty about blood sugars of 3.5mmols and that's what they are. Today with the rivers of Northern England all pretty much in flood I have no fishing and no teaching, I think I might just do very little today or even less. You all have a great day folks

Diabeticliberty : i just love your zany sense of humour. Sure brings a smile to my face which is an achievement to be proud of.