What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My morning BG was 7.0 again today. Slightly lower than yesterday. My BG has been in the 7 range for a while now when I get up. Since I'm still relatively new to this, I'm happy to see that things are stabilizing and are getting better controlled. Hope everyone has a super day.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
7.4 @ 8am this morning

Hi heavyd your doing good did you get your medication sorted out, I have no doubt you've seen my yesterday's BG reading 12.7 then down to 5.8 this morning crazy, but I too can enjoy a day off being good. So was the food, back to being good today bacon and egg slice bread breakfast, and evening meal pork cauliflower and cabbage with gravy,then 4 strawberries and 4 grapes with cream. Will see what readings are tomorrow.Have a good evening take care . K

ExChocoholic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude, loud people
Oh dear hectic day yesterday. Met son from Canada at airport a.m. took daughter to A & E p.m. hubby offered choc ice cream for our dessert - I refused at first then had a weak moment fbs this a.m. 9.4 - mental note to self - say no and stick to it

HelenHak

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Helen you do seem to be having a rough time of late what's been the problem if you don't mind me asking, but I do hope your second course of antibiotics gives you a better outcome. Wishing you a speedy recovery hope all goes well for you. K

Thanks GG. It isn't as bad as it seems. UTI. Much better already.

D

Diabeticliberty

Sretan ponedjeljak za sve vas moje stado lijepih dijabetičkih ovaca i janjadi.. This morning I had a strange compulsion to take up,knitting, I knitted one and I pearled one and have ended upm with a jumper with 3 sleeves. I then realised that I dropped 4 stitches. Silly old me. My blood sugars are 4mmols. May you all have a warm and wooly Monday and a week of diabetic bliss

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning,very early for me tested before the liver dump.....6.1...so ok.Just waiting here for the storm to come over,the forecast says late morning,so will batten down the hatches and be thankful we don't have to go out..........a day to finish my knitting perhaps, hope I have better luck than you,Diabetic liberty!You did give me a laugh!

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
d5ea7cda4899f3e04e3ecafe6d7d411f.jpg

Good morning all

5,5 mmol/l for me today both before and after my 5 km 52 minute morning walk.

Feet still feeling the effects of the two walking sessions I did yesterday, which combined covered 20 km in 3 hours and twenty minutes, 12 km in the morning and 8km in the afternoon.

With hindsight a bit excessive but I had a lot of frustration to burn out after the mother of one of my son's teammates in a robotics competition went into hysterics and started verbally attacking my son blaming him for their team not winning a competition last Saturday.

I took my son and we walked off.

The two boys are in a number of teams together, they are in their school's maths team and have practice together this afternoon. I hope that with the parents not there the children can behave in a more civilised way.

Have a great week all.

heavyd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bleaching of skin and lies
Hi heavyd your doing good did you get your medication sorted out, I have no doubt you've seen my yesterday's BG reading 12.7 then down to 5.8 this morning crazy, but I too can enjoy a day off being good. So was the food, back to being good today bacon and egg slice bread breakfast, and evening meal pork cauliflower and cabbage with gravy,then 4 strawberries and 4 grapes with cream. Will see what readings are tomorrow.Have a good evening take care . K
Yes Granny. I was told to continue with the drugs, but the Dr said he still want it down to like 5s but that I'm still OK with the figure. Yeah from 12.7 to 5.8 was crazy but good for you. Thanks and enjoy

D

debrasue

Oh dear hectic day yesterday. Met son from Canada at airport a.m. took daughter to A & E p.m. hubby offered choc ice cream for our dessert - I refused at first then had a weak moment fbs this a.m. 9.4 - mental note to self - say no and stick to it
Hope your daughter's ok.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

the paint is definitely darker than intended and will need another coat :arghh: but on the other hand it's a nice colour and will look good with the new curtains :)

No painting today so we may have lunch out ;) then hopefully back home before our share of the forecast high winds arrive :)

Stay safe everyone.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You will get back to it honey, you are a star! :joyful:

Thank you @callyandy - finished my birthday week with a curry, and a slice of Victoria sandwich.

Started this week with a 30minute swim and am determined to get things in check. Not going to check my FBG for a few days to let it settle down, no point frightening myself!