Amazing & Awesome Avocados.

• Thread starter Deleted member 308541
  • Start Date

Hotpepper20000

The BBC have a story about the low fat avo's about the Spanish company developing a low fat variety.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41594264
Silly people. They just don't get it.

I was at a breakfast buffet last week.
I usally don't eat breakfast but with jet lag I was starving.
I had my plate full of various cheeses, eggs and meat. And cucumbers and tomatoes.
One of the people i was with said,oh he only allows himself to eat eggs once a month.
I just said I got healthy and lost 50 pounds eating this way. I don't think he understood my lack of carbs and bread was the key. All he saw was the cheese and eggs lol

Reactions: Prem51

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had turkey, mushroom gravy, Sage and oregano, green onion, chopped radish, garlic oil and chopped avo dinner. I think it's my new favorite cold weather dinner

Why is it avo makes everything better??!!!!

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't really know, but I kick myself for not eating them earlier in my life.

They are up there with my favourite foodstuff now.
Me too!! Seriously, hot turkey with mushroom gravy, anfew veg and cold chopped avo on top and mixed in. Beautiful. I loved it chopped on my MX stew too!! Where isn't it good!! Such a comfort food

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to know someone called Clementine, but cannot remember where and my partner cannot either. Old age is a fair ****** at times.
That name takes me back to when I was quite young and "Oh My Darlin' Clementine!" was a popular song of the time:

It seems to be treated mainly as a childrens song on YouTube, but it's actually a 19th century American ballad/folk song (though I'm not quite that old...:wideyed:), and there was apparently a film of the same name in the mid 1940s.

Robbity

D

Deleted member 308541

That name takes me back to when I was quite young and "Oh My Darlin' Clementine!" was a popular song of the time:
That might be why I knew the name from somewhere, I remember that song from a long time ago..

D

Deleted member 308541

I like your new avatar @Tipetoo !
We have a postal survey from the ABS here in Australia asking a question regarding same sex marriage, you vote yes or no to it.

So I thought I would fly the "colours" in my avatar for a few days in support of some gay friends we have, who would like to get married legally.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
We have a postal survey from the ABS here in Australia asking a question regarding same sex marriage, you vote yes or no to it.

So I thought I would fly the "colours" in my avatar for a few days in support of some gay friends we have, who would like to get married legally.
Good for you! I am married to the opposite s x but I find it ridiculous the same sex can't get married!!!

D

Deleted member 308541

Good for you! I am married to the opposite s x but I find it ridiculous the same sex can't get married!!!

Same here I have been with my female partner for 47 years and we reckon the same thing.

There are to many equal opportunity bigots in the Australian Federal government, for it to be passed through for a legal vote, or even put out for a referendum.

This survey has cost over $100 million with no guarantee that it will ever get to the vote either.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Same here I have been with my female partner for 47 years and we reckon the same thing.

There are to many equal opportunity bigots in the Australian Federal government, for it to be passed through for a legal vote, or even put out for a referendum.

This survey has cost over $100 million with no guarantee that it will ever get to the vote either.
I've had clients that have moved out of state to get married. Shame. I don't even have a clue why it's like this. Love is love right?

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok, I think hubby stuck his hand in my avocado bin!!! Down to six!! First thing on my list today!!! Some times they ripen in a few days and sometimes much longer. Now I'm nervous haha.

D

Deleted member 308541

We have only got a couple left, it's going to be a wet shopping day on Thursday by the looks of it.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
We have only got a couple left, it's going to be a wet shopping day on Thursday by the looks of it.
Gotten. I'm happy. Still MX but Chilean is ruling the stock. Have to admit they looked beautiful. Stuck with what I know but willing to venture out next time. Just making sure I hav e a stash

D

Deleted member 308541

No bags of Avo's on sale yesterday, but got some nice one's that came from NZ at $3.00 each.

Have not tried them yet as they are still pretty firm.

team-avocado.png

http://www.kauripak.co.nz/