Competing after 12yrs but unsure how to manage my pump

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @johnpol . It sounds like you really enjoyed yourself. That weight sounds seriously heavy. What lift was it?
I think just rolling it would be enough for me:).
What is your actual body weight if you don't mind me asking?
Always fascinates me watching weight lifters, so focused and explosive.

Reactions: Snapsy

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Snapsy . I was just a bit concerned, should it be a single banana or the whole bunch?
If @johnpol doesn't like bananas I'm not going anywhere near him:):):).
But seeing that you've put me on the spot........
@johnpol please accept the award of today's" top banana". A little something for fellow diabetics who achieve something extra special.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Snapsy . I was just a bit concerned, should it be a single banana or the whole bunch?
If @johnpol doesn't like bananas I'm not going anywhere near him:):):).
But seeing that you've put me on the spot........
@johnpol please accept the award of today's" top banana". A little something for fellow diabetics who achieve something extra special.
Why Thanks everyone!!! in answer to your question on my weight on the day of the comp I weighed in at a very hefty 125kg (I know extremely fat!!!) the lift that I was doing was called the Deadlift, you grab the bar from the floor and stand up!!! simple LOL. oh and I do like banana's very good for potassium!!!! either have to lose more weight or get stronger, either one would be good!!!!!!!

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @johnpol . That's an impressive days work.:)
Personally used weights for many years now incorporating different workout regimes. Never done anything competitive or as heavy as you.
Have on occasion done stronglift 5x5 programme. 8/10 weeks. Deadlifts are a killer. At 90kg I could manage about 140/150 kg on a good day. So much concentration to keep good form though. Still got the scars on my shins from catching them with the bar:):):).
Did the competition allow an alternating grip? Always found it more difficult to have both palms facing me.
Good luck with the bananas and your next comp.

auroralapetite

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done @johnpol! I love the buzz on competition day, I have my next push-pull meet on in 5 weeks times. Hoping to get a 57.5kg bench at it (@55kg)!

Reactions: johnpol

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well done @johnpol! I love the buzz on competition day, I have my next push-pull meet on in 5 weeks times. Hoping to get a 57.5kg bench at it (@55kg)!
Now that's an impressive Bench!! stick to your plan and I have no doubt you will achieve it, the atmosphere at these meets are second to none, so I'm sure that you will get it and more!!!! To be honest the women's lifts were more impressive than the men's, due in part to there light bodyweight and relatively big weights, it's brilliant to watch. God luck with your meet and let me know how you get on. My next one is possibly in December at the GPC's Charity Push/Pull in Birmingham

Reactions: auroralapetite

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @johnpol . That's an impressive days work.:)
Personally used weights for many years now incorporating different workout regimes. Never done anything competitive or as heavy as you.
Have on occasion done stronglift 5x5 programme. 8/10 weeks. Deadlifts are a killer. At 90kg I could manage about 140/150 kg on a good day. So much concentration to keep good form though. Still got the scars on my shins from catching them with the bar:):):).
Did the competition allow an alternating grip? Always found it more difficult to have both palms facing me.
Good luck with the bananas and your next comp.
Yes alternate grip was the only way virtually everyone lifted on the day. The deadlift is one you have to keep strict form with, if not bad back city here we come!!!

Reactions: therower