What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

5.1 today, higher than usual for me, caused by stress I think after a last minute glitch in the process of some family executor business yesterday :( we hope it's now OK but it was (and still is to an extent), stressful.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
6,7 mmol/l this morning, way too high for me. I like to be in the 5s and can usually manage it.

I can't even walk this down this morning as my feet are still feeling the aftereffects of my 20km walk on Sunday. I need to give them a rest or I will do some damage.

fad822b426c81dc315bec44cb10998b2.jpg

Hope you are all having a less frustrating day than I am

Pavlos

Hi Pavlosn Wow! That was some walk make sure you give those feet some pampering. K

Reactions: Ymdawd and pavlosn

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Morning all. 5.7 today. We hid everything away last night because of the high winds, but it didnt really affect us as much as we thought it would . Pleased about that, but thoughts are with the others who were badly hit. We have been in 2 dreadful storms and it is really quite frightening. The clean up can take forever. But the skies yesterday afternoon were amazing!!!!!

They where weren't they pink clouds and orange sun never seen the likes,the. Winds during the afternoon and night where strong but not aware of any damage. Though not been outside yet,hope there isn't anyway. But agree someone out their will be devastated and I agree thoughts are with them! K

Reactions: Ixarix

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a very nice reading of 6.6 this morning. Very happy with that. My body seems to be adjusting to the lower sugar levels. I'm not as hungry was when I get up now, nor am I getting a hungry through the night. I have a few aches and pains that hopefully will subside as my body continues to adjust. The marathon continues. Have a great day.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
i was 23.1 at 7 am

Just over a year ago I was getting high readings just like you have posted sometimes off the meter which went up to 33.0

I'm getting better readings thanks to a twink in meds and eating less carbs (not cut them out all together and would not dare to preach to you)

It is awful being hyper the constant thirst the constant weeing and of feeling utter krap

It takes a while to come right and I'm hoping for your sake it comes right

Good luck with reducing your levels

D

Diabeticliberty

صباح الخير لكم كل ما عندي من الفئران الصغيرة الذين يعيشون في طواحين الهواء في أمستردام القديمة. This morning folks I have completed work on my brand new, home made, dead clever, my own idea machine that tells you what your blood sugars are. You take a strip and insert it into a slot. Prick your finger with something sharp, put blood onto the strip and the meter and using some of my own dead clever technology the machine tells you what your blood sugars are in 5 seconds flat. This morning mine said 3.5mmols. I plan to sell my device to a large international diagnostics company and retire on a foreign island with palm trees and exotic animals. Anglesey sounds quite appealing. Check in tomorrow for another diabetic masterplan. All have a fun filled Wednesday that is filled with fun and not Tuesday or Thursday

Last edited by a moderator: