What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning my BG today was 6.9 I'm happy with that. I'm off to see my endocrinologist today. Hopefully she likes what she sees. Going to eat, relax, and than head out. Hope everyone has a good da, it is a cold day here in Canada.
hope all goes well with your appointment today let us all know later :)

Reactions: Diabeticliberty

Troubled1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Troubled1 nothing wrong with 5.4 that's a good BG level,lots of people strive to get figures like this. What are your usual BG readings,are you type1 or type2 diabetic or on medication. But irrespective of this ask around on here your readings are well in range. K

@Granny_grump my normal fasting bg’s up until recently have been anywhere from 6-9 since I’ve done some fasting and am striving for keto, my numbers have ranged from 3.7 fbg to 5.4 today. Today’s number isn’t terrible but I know I can do better, and will do better.

I was diagnosed type2 about 9 years ago and have controlled it through diet and exercise. I have now cut all carbs except my vegetables and the little that are in nuts and that has helped tremendously.

Yesterday was a day where I let hydration slip and I can see it in my fbg. On days where I drink a minimum of 80oz of water, my fbg the following day is always much better. I will vehemently refuse any rx’s for my t2 as I know I can control it.

I’m in Canada and it’s bloody cold this morning currently-4°c at 10:00am.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning my BG today was 6.9 I'm happy with that. I'm off to see my endocrinologist today. Hopefully she likes what she sees. Going to eat, relax, and than head out. Hope everyone has a good da, it is a cold day here in Canada.

Hi @Ixarix,

Hope this will be a successful, pleasant and productive appointment. Good luck!

Reactions: Diabeticliberty

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
@Granny_grump my normal fasting bg’s up until recently have been anywhere from 6-9 since I’ve done some fasting and am striving for keto, my numbers have ranged from 3.7 fbg to 5.4 today. Today’s number isn’t terrible but I know I can do better, and will do better.

I was diagnosed type2 about 9 years ago and have controlled it through diet and exercise. I have now cut all carbs except my vegetables and the little that are in nuts and that has helped tremendously.

Yesterday was a day where I let hydration slip and I can see it in my fbg. On days where I drink a minimum of 80oz of water, my fbg the following day is always much better. I will vehemently refuse any rx’s for my t2 as I know I can control it.

I’m in Canada and it’s bloody cold this morning currently-4°c at 10:00am.

Hi Troubled1 You are doing excellent and has you are aware of what raised your BG your well on track to put this right,I'm also type 2 and diet controlled no meds until this week doctor put me on statins due to higher cholesterol readings. I too will get this down through diet so I understand where your coming from,I've been type2 for 17 years. It's a constant battle we all fight everyday of our lives, so good luck to you at least you know what's needed to be done some don't!K

Troubled1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@Granny_grump. I don’t really look at type2 as a disease, just more of an inconvenience. The only really high weeks I had just happened to coincide with things like Halloween, Christmas etc. a lot of times I would get a fbg of say, 8.4 but by the end of the day would be back to anywhere from high 4’s to low 6’s.

That said, cutting the processed carbs really has helped in the reduction/elimination of dawn phenomenon. I check my blood before bed and if it is low 5’s, when I get up it’ll be within a couple points of that.

With my wife and I both working, kids in school we have our one meal per day together in the evening. I’m sure if I had my big meal earlier in the day my numbers would be better in the morning. I have however been trying to increase the size of my lunch and reducing my dinner size to help with my levels. It is working but still needs more adjustment.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just realised I did not post today

3b93589741290c0804858ad92ec23c1e.jpg

Its been overcast and grey today with sone drizzle of rain. Thankfully it was dry enough during this morning's walk, another 5km on the clock, after which sugars were at 6,0 mmol.

Went to my mother's for lunch today. She usually knows what I will and will not eat. Today she presented me with penne though. She decided I have lost too much weight and is trying to fatten me up. I did not have a heart not to have them. I will just have to keep to a low carb dinner tonight.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just realised I did not post today

3b93589741290c0804858ad92ec23c1e.jpg

Its been overcast and grey today with sone drizzle of rain. Thankfully it was dry enough during this morning's walk, another 5km on the clock, after which sugars were at 6,0 mmol.

Went to my mother's for lunch today. She usually knows what I will and will not eat. Today she presented me with penne though. She decided I have lost too much weight and is trying to fatten me up. I did not have a heart not to have them. I will just have to keep to a low carb dinner tonight.
was wondering where you was today missed the lovely pictures (and yourself of course );)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
@Granny_grump. I don’t really look at type2 as a disease, just more of an inconvenience. The only really high weeks I had just happened to coincide with things like Halloween, Christmas etc. a lot of times I would get a fbg of say, 8.4 but by the end of the day would be back to anywhere from high 4’s to low 6’s.

That said, cutting the processed carbs really has helped in the reduction/elimination of dawn phenomenon. I check my blood before bed and if it is low 5’s, when I get up it’ll be within a couple points of that.

With my wife and I both working, kids in school we have our one meal per day together in the evening. I’m sure if I had my big meal earlier in the day my numbers would be better in the morning. I have however been trying to increase the size of my lunch and reducing my dinner size to help with my levels. It is working but still needs more adjustment.
Hi Troubled1
You work your meals has I do I'm retired but husband and grandson who lives with us both work so we have a main meal together in the evening,I fast from the evening meal until lunch following day but not considered eating more at lunch so I would be eating more during day when I'm busy and less in evening when I'm more sitting about more. Maybe it would work for me in lowering BG in morning,I will give it a try and let you know how I get on, this is how people on here do help each other with ideas from others. I'm having trouble with what to eat for my diabetes to keep my BG under control at the moment has last week I was diagnosed with gout very painful but what you eat to reduce more gout attacks is the opposite of what to eat for my diabetes,but what you've said may help me I'm adjusting my diet to help both, slight increase in carbs less protein. So thanks for the idea,I really do wish you all the best but you do have really good control nice speaking with you. Kathleen.

D

Diabeticliberty

Përshëndetje dhe mëngjes të mirë kumbulla të mija diabetike të këndshme. This morning I threw my breakfast, 2 sausages and an egg in a pan and as they cooked the egg shouted at me your waking blood sugars are 3.8mmols. One sausage turned to other and shouted 'What the? I don't believe it. A talking egg' I think it's enough LSD for me for this week. May you all have a day filled with joy

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
High 7.6 :arghh: own fault, carb loaded at the weekend and taking a while to shift. Sometimes when you’ve fallen off the wagon it’s hard getting back on (haven’t I said that before?).

Off for a swim to help reduce it - ignoring the slight cold which is probably not helping FBG. Also ignoring the vey dark mornings!

Have a great Thursday.

D

Diabeticliberty

BG of [email protected] That is passable considering I am working away from home and hotel food is much more difficult to control. Think it was their fish pie last night. Tasty but a little too much potato for my liking. Passed my favourite though - Sticky Toffee Pudding

You are a hero of the Great Diabetic Toffee Pud War. Now I personally would have had double helpings as I am of course a diabetic pacifist. Peace, love and put for all. Have a great day young man :)

Reactions: karen8967
D

Diabeticliberty

3.8 for me today big glug of lucozade and a carbý snack b4 work

Hey Lady K, no driving for you this side of 5mmols for you this morning ma'am. We need you fighting fit and filled with your usual sense of fun, fun fun. I hope you don't get the mid morning wobble that sometimes follows a low blood sugar event. Take good care of you and you :)

Reactions: karen8967
D

Diabeticliberty

Sometimes when you’ve fallen off the wagon it’s hard getting back on (haven’t I said that before?).

Oooooooerrrrrrrrr missus!!!!!!!!!!

It's not high as in sky's the limit high. At mid sevens you can of course bring it back under your iron claw. Happy swimming. Have a belting Thursday :)