What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
rQUOTE="Ixarix, post: 1603221, member: 439065"]The occasional treat is important, I agree. I recently added a square of dark chocolate as an after dinner treat. I sure do look forward to it, just the right amount to perk me up.
My real dark secret is I sometimes allow myself a fresh cream eclair...only the ones from a certain supermarket with the carb content displayed...18 carbs per éclair...I substitute it for lunch (have to stress that is a rare treat for me)...follow it with a good walk...no massive spike in my BGs...again...its all about diet being individual for each of us...since I test I can make that call...are we in danger of becoming rebellious...no...don't believe we are...I can manage a small indulgence occasionally...as you rightly say... as long as we are careful...and it doesn't become habitual..[/QUOTE]
Had to edit that blasted post three times...dammed keyboard jumps about all over the place...drives me to distraction!

Reactions: ziggy_w

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My real dark secret is I sometimes allow myself a fresh cream eclair...only the ones from a certain supermarket with the carb content displayed...18 carbs per éclair...I substitute it for lunch (have to stress that is a rare treat for me)...follow it with a good walk...no massive spike in my BGs...again...its all about diet being individual foe each of us...since I test I can make that call...are we in danger of becoming rebellious...no...we are not...I believe we can manage small indulgences...as you say... as long as we are careful...and it doesn't become habitual..
Sort becomes a trade-off, where you plan ahead and take steps to minimize the effects. If you're managing things well, the occasional deviation is not a problem. Just don't want to eat nothing but eclairs. ;)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Decided to test before and after lunch I was trying out a new loaf of bread!
Before lunch BG 5.4
2hours after lunch BG 6.5
Me thinks that's very good! K
Lunch 2 slices of Marks and Spencer's Spelt,pumkin seed and honey loaf with two thick slices of smoked bacon dash brown sauce cup tea, K

D

Diabeticliberty

rQUOTE="Ixarix, post: 1603221, member: 439065"]The occasional treat is important, I agree. I recently added a square of dark chocolate as an after dinner treat. I sure do look forward to it, just the right amount to perk me up.
My real dark secret is I sometimes allow myself a fresh cream eclair...only the ones from a certain supermarket with the carb content displayed...18 carbs per éclair...I substitute it for lunch (have to stress that is a rare treat for me)...follow it with a good walk...no massive spike in my BGs...again...its all about diet being individual for each of us...since I test I can make that call...are we in danger of becoming rebellious...no...don't believe we are...I can manage a small indulgence occasionally...as you rightly say... as long as we are careful...and it doesn't become habitual..[/QUOTE]

NAUGHTY NAUGHTY!!!!!!

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Was thinking of buying this system but is just too expensive for me to justify the expense. Let us know how you get on with it please.
I'm liking it so far, early days though. My endocrinologist recommended it, one of the reasons she recommended it was because I have a tremor that can making blood readings a bit tricky. They're just starting to roll out here in Canada. They are pricey right now, I'm paying for it now, but will try to get insurance to sort it out down the road.

D

Diabeticliberty

مرحبا وصباح جيد جدا لكم كل قطيعتي من الطاووس السكري غرامة و بياهنس. At 4.00am this morning Cecil the diabetic pigeon came tapping on my bedroom window with his beak. There was a series of 4 taps in rapid succession. My blood sugars are 4.0mmols. This went on until 5.00am when I climbed outside and wrung his neck. Pigeon pie anyone? To my extended diabetic family filled with derring do, may you all have a day of wild adventure.