What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

D

Diabeticliberty

6.2 foŕ me today going bk to bed got banging headache underestimated insulin for tea last night bgs sky high had to do correction dose have a good day all

I know that you know exactly what you are doing but I will say it anyway. If you are going back to bed on a correction dose please take care you don't hypo in your sleep. It's very easy to do and I have done it loads of times myself. Hope you wake up minus your headache and feeling much better. Take good care Lady K :)

Reactions: Glenmac and Prem51

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know that you know exactly what you are doing but I will say it anyway. If you are going back to bed on a correction dose please take care you don't hypo in your sleep. It's very easy to do and I have done it loads of times myself. Hope you wake up minus your headache and feeling much better. Take good care Lady K :)
im up again mr d and i done my correction dose last night thanks and head has eased off abit ;)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all

3d7fc680f83db2a53748363b9bb01ddd.jpg

Wet, dark and gloomy here this morning.

As a result morning walk was cut short before it got going. So no chance to burn down my 6,4 mmol/l morning glucose level. Fortunately I had the foresight to fit in a walk last night so at least my total distance walked so far this month is still fine.

Better stay dry inside and enjoy the sight of the rain. Morning walk can wait.

ff032285b6d4434cc9adc5cae3a3370c.jpg

At least my garden will be grateful for the rain.

eec106ca08152e7ede45c72fbcfacd80.jpg

dde10bd9a02aa612f8624fa4e2aa62ab.jpg

e22250776b6c70debd47db9405db6b79.jpg

e26231eb49950a45d109c325575af1b4.jpg

As for this beautiful veriagated form of bugenvilea, it comes with its own summer sunshine built in

6eef8fb8f5e0344da7b665d8cdb6650c.jpg

Have a great Sunday everybody.

Pavlos
fabulous pav beautiful x

Reactions: ziggy_w

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning 5.1Ifeel I'm in some kind of "other universe".So far in the last two days on the way to the highlands have seen two wonderful firework displays plus yesterday met FatherChristmas plus his reindeer on top of Cairngorm! None of this planned!What will today hold?Am I in the same timezone as the rest of the U.K.???..............Just to add,he really was the real Father Christmas,as were the reindeer,beautiful animals were being fed,but met FC in the cafe and he immediately went into character when a wee boy ran to him and took him over to meet his granny and parents.Amagical moment!.........I can still see that wee boys excited face,it made my day!
the innocence of the children i love watching my grandchildren cause they still believe it truely is magical xx

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
the innocence of the children i love watching my grandchildren cause they still believe it truely is magical xx
I have always bought Christmas presents for all the children in my family but have never had the pleasure of watching them being opened as they all spend Christmas day in their own homes. If any of them come to visit just before Christmas I prepare and hide little gifts and chocolate for them to find. I love to watch their faces when they open their surprises. You are truly blessed to have grandchildren, karen8967. :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have always bought Christmas presents for all the children in my family but have never had the pleasure of watching them being opened as they all spend Christmas day in their own homes. If any of them come to visit just before Christmas I prepare and hide little gifts and chocolate for them to find. I love to watch their faces when they open their surprises. You are truly blessed to have grandchildren, karen8967. :)
thankyou xx

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all, my levels according my Libre this morning is 6.3. How's everyone dealing with the cold weather? Our clocks went back here this weekend so, I'm planning to use the extra hour to sleep in a bit.

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning 5.1Ifeel I'm in some kind of "other universe".So far in the last two days on the way to the highlands have seen two wonderful firework displays plus yesterday met FatherChristmas plus his reindeer on top of Cairngorm! None of this planned!What will today hold?Am I in the same timezone as the rest of the U.K.???..............Just to add,he really was the real Father Christmas,as were the reindeer,beautiful animals were being fed,but met FC in the cafe and he immediately went into character when a wee boy ran to him and took him over to meet his granny and parents.Amagical moment!.........I can still see that wee boys excited face,it made my day!
That sounds like a really lovely experience. Kids have such nice reactions to meeting people like that.

Reactions: Ymdawd and Glenmac

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
BG today 6.1
Considering we went out for lunch which was absolutely lovely, salmon on a bed of vegetables and I had just two small potatoes. Cup coffee and a non alcoholic Mojito
Evening meal around 7.30 porky chop egg sweet potato oven chips cup tea glass water
Over eaten on sweet potato chips but they are good. K
Morning Granny, though it is afternoon for you now. I think you inspired me to have salmon for dinner tonight.

Reactions: ziggy_w and Ymdawd