Creon-Type 3c

tamar

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Anybody out there experiencing issues obtaining Creon 25000 capsules. My local chemist seems to have problems getting my regular supply from the wholesaler! Whenever I go to collect my prescription I go with 'fingers crossed' that this time there will be no hassle regarding the supply of Creon! This week has been a nightmare made multiples trips to the pharmacy only to be told " the supplier has not sent them" Frustrating in the extreme these so called professionals don't get it these tablets are a vital part of our regime! Hoping this morning that they have at least sourced part of the order and I come away with a 100 capsules!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there. I'm not a creonista, but I'll bump your thread so that it comes back up the Recent Posts list for folks.

Reactions: tamar

Starburst02

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Anybody out there experiencing issues obtaining Creon 25000 capsules. My local chemist seems to have problems getting my regular supply from the wholesaler! Whenever I go to collect my prescription I go with 'fingers crossed' that this time there will be no hassle regarding the supply of Creon! This week has been a nightmare made multiples trips to the pharmacy only to be told " the supplier has not sent them" Frustrating in the extreme these so called professionals don't get it these tablets are a vital part of our regime! Hoping this morning that they have at least sourced part of the order and I come away with a 100 capsules!
I'm in the mainland USA, and order Creon in 3 month supply. Because of quantity, it is always a "special" order, but usually takes just a couple of days to complete. (I also keep a couple months extra supply in case of insurance problems.) I wonder if your wholesale supplier problem has anything to do with the situation in Puerto Rico. Lots of drug manufacturers have factories there, including Abbvie who produces Creon. They also have several manufacturing sites in Europe, so if may just be more of a local issue. As for Creon being an important part of our regime - I agree. I don't digest food without it, and would have little quality of life without it. I hope your supply issue is resolved soon.

tamar

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm in the mainland USA, and order Creon in 3 month supply. Because of quantity, it is always a "special" order, but usually takes just a couple of days to complete. (I also keep a couple months extra supply in case of insurance problems.) I wonder if your wholesale supplier problem has anything to do with the situation in Puerto Rico. Lots of drug manufacturers have factories there, including Abbvie who produces Creon. They also have several manufacturing sites in Europe, so if may just be more of a local issue. As for Creon being an important part of our regime - I agree. I don't digest food without it, and would have little quality of life without it. I hope your supply issue is resolved soon.
Hi thanks for your thoughts. My immediate supply issue has now been resolved,with the Christmas holiday break nearly here I was getting a tad stressed! After canvassing many other pharmacy outlets here in my city I come to the conclusion that there is no supply chain problem only a less than helpful pharmacy. Think I will be changing my source in the new year! Happy Christmas

Reactions: DCUKMod