Is it ok to have strawberries & blueberries with steel oatmeal in the morning

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just things to ponder...

Thank you very much, all of that is useful to know. I am seeing the kidney doctor again on Friday, and they are also doing an ultrasound, although the last time I had an ultrasound an existing kidney stone was not detected -- it showed up only on the much more expensive CAT scan. I will ask him again about diet, although he showed almost zero interest in that subject last time I asked him about it.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Crossing my fingers for you!! Another wonderful doc on diet!!
My understanding is dark leafy greens are the worst over nuts. Some nuts lower than higher. Pecans and walnuts worst. Macs less. Nothing wrong with more avo lol. Except perhaps the price. One thing I won’t skimp on. I’ll pass on other things. Never have I seen anything but it being touted but a super food for everything. Consider it a amulti Vitamin !! And keeping your bs low and slow!! Diabetes prevention. How can you go wrong!!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Don't eat fruit nor veg. Multivitamins covers them. I get a better thyroid response. Steady weight at mo even thou had a few Christmas treats. I don't expect a loss but will after Xmas.
I've eaten porridge when no food in just to fill my tum but I feel taking insulin for carbs when I have an alternative is best for me. When possible.