Duane Graveline M.D. a late, great anti-statin pioneer

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
This guy is a hero to me and I'm shocked to see that a forum search for his name has to take me back to June 2014.
He was on statins for two periods of 6 then 8 weeks, but suffered damage, some of it permanent, which spurred him on to fully investigate statins and their effects.
Much of that acquired knowledge can be found in his books and on his website https://spacedoc.com
I'd never looked on YT before for videos of him, but found this this morning. It's a 2-part video interview by another doctor (an orthopaedic surgeon).
This stood out for me (11 mins 30 secs in on Part 2) when talking about peripheral neuropathy :

"I can not imagine why any doctor knowing about the biochemistry of the statin drugs would ever put a diabetic on a statin drug.
It just doesn't make any sense. You are just adding 16 times ... you are greatly increasing the risk of peripheral neuropathy."

Needless to say the whole interview is equally damning, other than conceding that a dose of 2-4 gms would deal with the anti-inflammatory effect of statins, without unleashing the harmful effects higher doses can cause.

Please enjoy (and feel free to take notes)
Geoff