Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Might be ‘whopping’ for you, other people would be glad to have that kind of result.
And others of us would take it as a sign that's something is badly amiss. It's all relative and none of us are alike, so I'm not sure this kind of comment is helpful.

Anyway, 4.7 for me this morning.

Reactions: Freema and bigjim19

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.5 today

@Diawara - if you want to give almond milk a try, I use the Asda 'Free From' unsweetened Almond milk, it doesn't need the fridge until it's opened and it's >0.5g of carb per 100ml.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today. Thought it might be more as had lunch out with my daughter yesterday. Kebab. That's the ok bit. But it came with rice so I treated myself to half the portion. Bloods slightly raised afterwards and up a little this morning.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My fasting blood test this morning was 8.3mmol/l.
I have had my annual hbc1a test which will confirm that i have t2d. I have repeats on 29 August
Hi @AJ1971 welcome to the forum. I'm going to tag @daisy1 in as she will then send you lots of brilliant info. You have come to the right place.

Have a read of the info and fire away with any questions you might have. You may well be diagnosed with t2d but the good news is that with the right diet you can get back to non diabetic levels and get your blood sugar under control. Most of us on here did just that and in a relatively short space of time too.

AJ1971

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @AJ1971 welcome to the forum. I'm going to tag @daisy1 in as she will then send you lots of brilliant info. You have come to the right place.

Have a read of the info and fire away with any questions you might have. You may well be diagnosed with t2d but the good news is that with the right diet you can get back to non diabetic levels and get your blood sugar under control. Most of us on here did just that and in a relatively short space of time too.

I have been having issues with glucose levels since my mid teen as I was passing a lot of glucose in my urine. I have been testing my glucose levels on and off for at least 10 years as I have had issues with hypo's where i get really low readings. I also start feeling that I'm having a hypo at 4.4 mmol/l.

Reactions: Freema and James13

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been having issues with glucose levels since my mid teen as I was passing a lot of glucose in my urine. I have been testing my glucose levels on and off for at least 10 years as I have had issues with hypo's where i get really low readings. I also start feeling that I'm having a hypo at 4.4 mmol/l.
I see you have a monitor which is great. I would imagine you need to take tests more frequently so that you learn which foods have an adverse reaction sending you down lower than your body is happy with. I haven't experienced a hypo to date so unfortunately I can't offer any specific advice on how you could effectively deal with them but I'm sure someone will be along very shortly to help.