Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today. Thought it might be higher. 3 crackers and cheese at 10pm. 2 large glasses of wine too (well i am on my jollies!) And I had (jaws music here) a slice of Irish batch bread WHITE with my dinner, thrust upon me by my very loving auntie Bernie who thought she was doing me a favour. Bless her. My monitor told me this was far from the case!! Won't be doing that again to be sure to be sure!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 7.5 with no metformin or evening insulin. :) :) :)
Basal taking the brumpt of my weight. Hardley any bolus needed in comparison.

I must ask why I should keep to 50/50 units.
Mind u triple strength basal means 75/25 surely? So different insulins to M3 thou. I lost weight by running lower on M3.
I don't think endo like me being 48 hba1c on insulin. I just cannot get the weight loss benefit on Toujeo300. No hypos if bolus not over injected. Which I'll never do. That would be false ecomony due to high insulin resistance (mostly from extra body weight).

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
5.7 today. Thought it might be higher. 3 crackers and cheese at 10pm. 2 large glasses of wine too (well i am on my jollies!) And I had (jaws music here) a slice of Irish batch bread WHITE with my dinner, thrust upon me by my very loving auntie Bernie who thought she was doing me a favour. Bless her. My monitor told me this was far from the case!! Won't be doing that again to be sure to be sure!
Phew! That was lucky. Maybe she made it with less sugar too, bless her.
She must have willed that 5 on you, this morning?

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
6.4 for myself, the sun is shining and the weather is good, there's grass to be cut and waddles to be had so I've put my diabetes in the cupboard and left it there, so today I've decided I may have diabetes just not on me and if you see me alright today I'll do my best to see you fine next Tuesday.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
thank you i just checked it was the 30th of may .. fasting levels have mainly mid to high 5s

That’s good going, I’m trying to pluck up the courage to stop. GP says I can but I’ve not long had any measure of control and I’m a bit scared of taking the plunge.

Reactions: Terrytiddy

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That’s good going, I’m trying to pluck up the courage to stop. GP says I can but I’ve not long had any measure of control and I’m a bit scared of taking the plunge.
Hi, just a suggestion, could you ask your GP if you could try without the meds on the understanding that if you notice any of your comfort zones being affected i.e. numbers, appetite or confidence that you can go back to it?
I don't know if medically this is possible or advisable as I wasn't put on any meds but from what I see and read here, there doesn't seem to be alarming or amazing differences between numbers between med takers v non med takers I think diet/food choices are what determines effective control or not. I may be wrong, as I say no personal experience just my observation and understanding.
I would personally give you my vote of confidence and believe you would and can retain control, you have done amazingly well and now understand what works for you diet wise. xx

Reactions: Goonergal and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 this morning. Celebrated last night with all kinds of wrong food after my daughter's GCSE results so this reading is very welcome.
Congratulations to your daughter for GCSE results and to you for a very reasonable 6.0. Sounds like a good night was had by all and no nasty morning after regrets.Win Win.:)

Reactions: GeoffersTaylor

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @DJC3 is it just Metformin you want to stop or other meds? How much Metformin and meds do you take at the moment?:)

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i didnt want to take the metformin i was sure i could control it with the newcastle diet . i think it was three weeks from blood test to seeing diabetic nurse ..i had already lost 9 kilos i think it was under control then but .DN talked me into taking it ..i stopped straight after blood test came back 5.5% i think my figures are a little bit higher than on metformin i think i eased it off over a week less every other day