Any recipes for an Air Fryer?

sportyboston

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am buying my husband an air fryer for Xmas. He is the cook in the family. I am hoping you have some low carb recipes out there so we can get started.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had a Tefal Actifry for ages, and it gets most use for chicken thighs - just drop a pack in and set it going, no need for anything else.
Once it is cooked I take out the chicken and put in a stirfry to soak up the juices. Sometimes I keep the chicken warm, sometimes I eat some chicken and then the stir fry when it is done. Mushrooms, chopped sweet pepper, beansprouts, a stick of celery, sliced, some green beans - simple stuff but the actifry keeps it turning and cooking and turning again, which seems to keep it juicy whilst getting it evenly cooked.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @sportyboston

The air fryer is fab for chicken wings - you get really crispy skin. I marinate mine in olive oil, garlic and lime before cooking. Likewise lamb ribs - marinate in olive oil or butter mixed with garlic and thyme. Does great Halloumi fries, egg/bacon muffins.

If you check out the what have you eaten today thread in the low carb section of the forum, amidst all the chatter are several references to air fryers, and what various people on the thread cook in them and the various models they’re using.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @sportyboston

The air fryer is fab for chicken wings - you get really crispy skin. I marinate mine in olive oil, garlic and lime before cooking. Likewise lamb ribs - marinate in olive oil or butter mixed with garlic and thyme. Does great Halloumi fries, egg/bacon muffins.

If you check out the what have you eaten today thread in the low carb section of the forum, amidst all the chatter are several references to air fryers, and what various people on the thread cook in them and the various models they’re using.
Okay so that answers my thread question.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am buying my husband an air fryer for Xmas. He is the cook in the family. I am hoping you have some low carb recipes out there so we can get started.

whenever I need an airfryer recipe I just google something like ‘air fryer lamb recipe’
There is usually a splendid list to choose from.
We have cooked chips once, i think. For Mr B.
Regulars are chicken kebabs, halloumi fries, lamb steaks, ribs and chops, and so on.