FINALLY my OGTT has been completed :)

calumcco

It wasn't half as bad as what I had expected to be honest!
I have to wait 3 working days for my full results!
My initial finger prick sample measured 6.8. I then had an immediate blood sample from my arm and then a final blood sample from my arm exactly 2 hours later. All in all the nurses were very kind and helpful and reassuring for a nervous person like me !

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Aww good luck with it, lets us know your reults.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Glad to hear it went so well! I know how anxious you were beforehand, and how crippling anxiety can be. Good luck with your results.

Lazybones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pleased that you got throught the 'Torture' and the fear of the OGTT. We all told you that it wasn't someting to fear and wouldn't be too bad and ordeal.
An initial reading of 6.8 mmol/L after fasting isn't perfect but it could be a lot worse. The finalised result should tell you more, and if you aren't declaired diabetic but are confirmed as Pre-diabetic, then now is the time to heed the warning and take action to hopefully reverse the possibility of going on to develope FULL diabetes in the future if you possibly can.
Well done at getting yourself through the OGTT.
Please let us all know what the final result is, we're all waiting to know - Best regards - Lazybones

WhitbyJet

calumcco said:
It wasn't half as bad as what I had expected to be honest!
I have to wait 3 working days for my full results!
My initial finger prick sample measured 6.8. I then had an immediate blood sample from my arm and then a final blood sample from my arm exactly 2 hours later. All in all the nurses were very kind and helpful and reassuring for a nervous person like me !

Hey you, well done, thanks for letting us know, I was thinking of you yesterday. My late grandma always used to say 'never worry before things happen for they usually turn out totall different to what you imagine them to be'; not always easy though is it, took me years to do it.
All the best x

calumcco

Lazybones said:
Pleased that you got throught the 'Torture' and the fear of the OGTT. We all told you that it wasn't someting to fear and wouldn't be too bad and ordeal.
An initial reading of 6.8 mmol/L after fasting isn't perfect but it could be a lot worse. The finalised result should tell you more, and if you aren't declaired diabetic but are confirmed as Pre-diabetic, then now is the time to heed the warning and take action to hopefully reverse the possibility of going on to develope FULL diabetes in the future if you possibly can.
Well done at getting yourself through the OGTT.
Please let us all know what the final result is, we're all waiting to know - Best regards - Lazybones

Thank you for your words of support. Coincidentally what is an ideal reading? And how will I get my results? Will it say Fingerprick 6.8, Fasting Sample 1 and Fasting Sample 2?

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The only thing to be afraid of is fear itself, fear of a thing is almost always far worse than the thing you fear.

I also used to suffer from anxiety, and still do from time to time. I always remind myself if this quote when highly stressed - “I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain" - Frank Herbert, Dune.

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Glad it went well. Let us know the rest of the results.

Now you have achieved this you can keep positive and move on to the next challenge. Well Done!

Cara

K

Kat100

Delighted you did it, so pleased for you, it's amazing where we get our strength from when we it.....:) x

popsy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
Dread of something that has to be faced is the worst. There is no choice is there, it just has to be gone through. So big congrats to you for facing your fear, getting through it and coming out the other side no worse off! Next? The results and you will face that too and deal with it just as we all have to :clap: :D

calumcco

Hi guys, got my results today at 3PM. I am NOT diabetic!!!!!!! My fingerprick sample was 6.8, the immediate blood sample from the arm was 6.7 and the 2 hour blood test sample had dropped to 4.8. I am absolutely delighted with this news and I have been told I should attend a diabetes awareness course at my local hospital. I was also told I could be at risk of developing diabetes.