Finally got my pump!

H

Hooked

Another little trick they don't tell you is that when the screen is black, if you press the button on the side with the light bulb on it it's a quick way of telling you your IOB. Anyone else got any other tricks?
Handy to know, thanks. I'm loving these hints and tips!

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
Good luck and welcome to the world of pumping ;).Sorry forgot to say glad you got a vibe :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hooked, I just rang Animas, to order a tamper proof case( wanted one, because of the kids I work, with) and it cost me about £25, but they send out the black case, you should have been given, for free, so if you call customer services, they will send you one out. Hope that helps.

Plus had some good news, which means that at some point I maybe able to self fund cgm, as hubby has been called for a driver course out at Tonbridge, which means he will become a train driver and I should be able to self fund cgm, hopefully fingers xxxx

Reactions: 5 people
H

Hooked

Hooked, I just rang Animas, to order a tamper proof case( wanted one, because of the kids I work, with) and it cost me about £25, but they send out the black case, you should have been given, for free, so if you call customer services, they will send you one out. Hope that helps.

Plus had some good news, which means that at some point I maybe able to self fund cgm, as hubby has been called for a driver course out at Tonbridge, which means he will become a train driver and I should be able to self fund cgm, hopefully fingers xxxx

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and your hubby' s job! Woohoo!

That's good to know, I must give them a call. I've been pondering crocheting something to hold the pump in too.

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thank you and your welcome. Glad you enjoy messing around with it. How did you do with removal??

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Brilliant if you have probs invest in some Zoff removal wipes, cheapest place to buy if you need any ebay, if you want to try some, Pm me and I'll send you a few. Plus any redness around the site where placed aloe Vera gel, works well.

Reactions: 2 people

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Brilliant if you have probs invest in some Zoff removal wipes, cheapest place to buy if you need any ebay, if you want to try some, Pm me and I'll send you a few. Plus any redness around the site where placed aloe Vera gel, works well.

You know animas will give you some right? have you tried those?

Reactions: 4 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
You know animas will give you some right? have you tried those?
Animas will not give you the wipes they charge your commissioning group for them. Cheapest option is a pkt of 100 alcohol wipes from the chemist shop for less than £2.

Reactions: 3 people

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Animas will not give you the wipes they charge your commissioning group for them. Cheapest option is a pkt of 100 alcohol wipes from the chemist shop for less than £2.

Does it matter as long as you personally dont pay? also these seem to moisturise where as pure alcohol wipes dry skin.

I only found out through meeting the Animas rep @Hooked

Reactions: 3 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Does it matter as long as you personally dont pay? also these seem to moisturise where as pure alcohol wipes dry skin.

I only found out through meeting the Animas rep @Hooked

Yes it does matter who pays, the more you load onto the commissioning groups the less money to go round for other people i.e kids having pumps or anyone needing cancer treatment. Money does not grow on trees use the resources as intended. If you are worried about dry skin then use a moisturiser after the set is removed.
Animas and any other rep will tell you anything as long as they get a sale as it means more commission for them.

Reactions: 2 people