Pump troubles at night

magusko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi and happy holidays to you all.

I've been using insulin pump since the early 2000 but the last year I've been struggling. It seems that I rip out the "needle" from my stomach while I sleep, so when I wake up my blood glucose levels are sky rocket high. Anyone else struggling with the same problem? Cheers.
P.S im changing needle and location every 2-3 days.

Cheers

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Have you considered using some tape to put across your tubing about a inch from the cannula?

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
More tape on the patch that holds the canula in. Also can you move the pump closer to the patch so the tube has more slack? Or use a longer tube possibly.

As this has been OK for 14 years I guess it would be good to look at what has changed recently. Anything at all that you are doing differently, or any equipment changes.

Any chance you are having hypos at night?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I accidentally ripped out my set in hospital whilst having pain treatment recently. The nurse gave me a fantastic clear sort of plaster ( on my bum!) and I reput the same set in!! I wish I knew what this clear plaster was that hospital gave me as it kept set in for 2 days no trouble, and came off really easy too. Perhaps any hospital people on this forum could identify it?

Hopefully it may be a temporary phase you are going through, if not a bit of micropore tape on the tube to belly may stop it as the tube and micropore would rip off first?

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The clear plastic sounds like an Opsite dressing. They are made from cultured skin cells or something magical like that.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Ugghh!! It was a svaiour though as I couldn't get out of theday ward to get a new set from my car... Stuck so well and completely covered set.