How old were you when you first diagnosed with type 1?? And how long do you have it??

Jaz253

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Government politic management anywhere, extreme religion approach, uninformed doctors
Hello there... Replying ur Q, lets see I was 7 yo when I got it and now Im 30, so its been 23 years with it though just a month ago Im taking care... My advice wouldbe to change ur food choices as often as possible, good luck!

smcc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was 24 and developed tye 1 diabetes 46 years ago.

Charles Robin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Diagnosed at 3, 24 years ago. Plenty of evidence I was diabetic since my first year of life though. Local health team were idiots and said 'nothing's wrong it's not diabetes' for over a year. By then I weighed half what I should and was going in and out of a coma. Mum took me to the GP because she had enough of the hospital, and he diagnosed pretty much on the spot and called an ambulance.

Poggle19102

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Self pity, selfishness,
Diagnosed June 2013 at the grand age of 49. Stayed in various hospitals over the last year and the amount of nurses that say " you can't be type 1 you're too old " Gotta laugh.

devexity

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had it for ten years: went into DKA mid-pregnancy at 32 years old (the baby lived and was miraculously undamaged despite my 66.5 bg)