Too much pressure/ hard work?

sugar-monsters

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I am mum to 4 year old diabetic (diagnosed 6months) a month b4 diagnoses I miscarried twins at 10 weeks I had couple of weeks to digest that then my life was all about type1 diabetes :( I have a 2uear old son also. everyday is busy and challenging try to count carbs weighing food blah blah I guess my question is is there any1 out there fell pregnant r had another baby and if so how did you cope? I had said at the start every1 said to me u control u life not diabetes ,even thou it defo doesn't feel that way, small part if me tinks if I hadn't of miscarried I would hav jus coped u usuali do in life?!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Just Laura

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Haven't experienced that myself but just as my 5 year old was diagnosed, I found out I was pregnant.
I had had an earlier ectopic pregnancy - the due date would have been the exact date T was diagnosed. Not sure I ever would have coped with that AND a newborn. I am a strong believer though in everything happening for a reason.

We had been wanting another for quite a while and it just hadn't happened but as I was having a weepy moment in hospital following diagnosis, I clearly remember thinking 'Thank God we never had another...' Little did I know, I was already pregnant!
I did wonder how I would manage always wanting to 'prickle' the new babe to check, and I'm sure the poor girl will frequently have needles brandished at her whenever she has an out-of-the-ordinary tantrum, but we'd cope. Awful as it sounds, because I'd never ever wish it on anyone, it would be no hassle now.

I cried a lot during the first year; I never know if that was the grief, the shock, the harsh reality of our new 'normal' or the bloody hormones! Probably a mix of all of them but it has certainly calmed down and I haven't burst in to tears at the unfairness of it all for quite some time!

Sorry for the rambling post but just wanted to say I (kind of) know how you feel and to take heart really; it won't always feel like this.

x

Just Laura

Oh, I also have 5 other children (including the new baby) but we cope. Some days better than others but we manage.

And if you do fall pregnant again, there's always the option of banking some of the cord blood / placental cells "just in case"?

x

sugar-monsters

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Haven't experienced that myself but just as my 5 year old was diagnosed, I found out I was pregnant.
I had had an earlier ectopic pregnancy - the due date would have been the exact date T was diagnosed. Not sure I ever would have coped with that AND a newborn. I am a strong believer though in everything happening for a reason.

We had been wanting another for quite a while and it just hadn't happened but as I was having a weepy moment in hospital following diagnosis, I clearly remember thinking 'Thank God we never had another...' Little did I know, I was already pregnant!
I did wonder how I would manage always wanting to 'prickle' the new babe to check, and I'm sure the poor girl will frequently have needles brandished at her whenever she has an out-of-the-ordinary tantrum, but we'd cope. Awful as it sounds, because I'd never ever wish it on anyone, it would be no hassle now.

I cried a lot during the first year; I never know if that was the grief, the shock, the harsh reality of our new 'normal' or the bloody hormones! Probably a mix of all of them but it has certainly calmed down and I haven't burst in to tears at the unfairness of it all for quite some time!

Sorry for the rambling post but just wanted to say I (kind of) know how you feel and to take heart really; it won't always feel like this.

x

Wen I had the miscarriage my thought was this is the worst ting in the world that could happen it was a total horrendous exsperience but then 4 weeks later wit no time to realize wat had happened r grief for my loss my daughter is diagnosed wit t1 diabetes and after a few days my thoughts wur tinking I'd take 100 miscarriages over this happening to my little girl but my head was all over the place and I guess now I hav to tink everyting happens for a reason because if I don't I won't b able to carry on , even thou sum days I hate life and wonder y!

I'm sorry to hear bout your ectopic pregnancy :( and omg u must b likes super woman wit 5 kids to control I can jus about cope wit 2 never even mind adding diabetes into the mix!

Tanks for ur response it has helped I jus guess I tink I lost my babies so I defo always wanted more kids and had planned to but should I not now because my daughter needs alot more of my time and attention( threw no fault of her own ) , Althou on another note is that lettin the diabetes rule our lives ? Omg so much to tink about I guess now that tings r all sinking in now my mine is in overdrive lol as my husband says I'm a little OCD hav to hav everyting planned to the last details lol

David147

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Indeed, you are under a lot of pressure, you need to sleep good, not only the time matters but the quality, you need a good night sleep.
Instead of skipping lessons, try using 1 day (preferably when there's no school) to sit and watch TV, play the computer and sleep, doing nothing that requires thinking. You need to give your best, but not over it, don't push it too hard, and you start feeling pressure just stop and watch TV for half an hour to clear your head and most of all, relax and try taking things more easily, if you make a mistake like overcooking something, it's all right, getting angry about it will change nothing.