Pedometer Challenge Thread

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Now that would be cool! I took the children on 'a pointless walk' today at the local country park. My pedometer stayed at home.

Reactions: 2 people

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Now that would be cool! I took the children on 'a pointless walk' today at the local country park. My pedometer stayed at home.

Oops! Walk still counts even without the pedometer though :)

I've been nursing an old injury so step count has gone way down in the last 5 days. Hoping to crank it up a notch again soon

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
@Andy12345 please tell me you wore your pedometer during the marathon?!?

hehe i did :)

i dont think it could have counted the shuffle after the race while trying to find the family and get through the crowds must have equated to a couple more thousand but as i couldnt actually lift my feet off the ground i assume it didnt count it....

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1397545347.131519.jpg

sorry for the suspence i had to switch to my phone to post this

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 8 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finally gave up looking for my old pedometer and got a new one. Only started using it this evening though when we went for a walk ......2930.

Reactions: 4 people

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Finally gave up looking for my old pedometer and got a new one. Only started using it this evening though when we went for a walk ......2930.

Good start! Slow day today, 5482

Dee_226

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It may be late at night but its never too late to jump in and join the fun. The type 2 diagnosis was a shock but one I am glad of. Yes you heard right, I am glad as its given me the kick up the backside I needed to get off my big fat backside and do something about my diet and total lack of exercise so I am ready to start properly with the exercise. I had been pottering around the block a few times a week but now I am loaded with a nice shiny Omron Walking Style III Pedometer as well as MapMyWalk (which I believe will upload/link with MyFitnessPal). So guys and gals, wish me luck as I begin my new adventure, I know it won't be easy but it will be worth the effort.
Hugs,
Dee

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Dee, Good Luck!

We can be newbies together, I am type 2 and my BMI is similar to yours too, so let's get fit together.

Thanks @carraway and @Andy12345 for suggesting the pedometer it's brilliant. I'm not just walking for me anymore, I'm walking to feed my pedometer. I got woken by the dawn chorus at 5.15 this morning and instead of groaning, I thought 'Great it's light enough for a walk'. So a 50 minute walk, more importantly 6473 steps ...and back before 6.30. Yes , I know the novelty won't last, but it's fun while it does.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nice one Andy12345, and welcome everyone else.

I still haven't replaced mine yet, but the last couple of weeks have been mediocre.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, that's my first 10,000 done (10162 after a supermarket shop and a few short walks round the garden) It's going to take me years to achieve my ultimate goal of 58334 though.....

Just one question. Did anyone else feel the need to count their own steps on long walks to check that the meter was working properly? (it was)
Make that 2 questions. If 'yes' how long does it take for that urge to go away?

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Glad to see some new faces to keep us going!

I wish the weather would warm up a bit! Here on the Fens it's a bit blowy.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
great job Zand! then id have to go 58335, dont do it please :)

yes ive often checked mine against my steps, mine dosent register the first 8 steps after a pause, which is quite annoying as im stop start alot at work, booooo lol

its lovely weather here carra. sawwy :sorry: but summers coming :)

Thankyou dave, you have to get new one for the 40 miler!

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad to see some new faces to keep us going!

I wish the weather would warm up a bit! Here on the Fens it's a bit blowy.
certainly is, I just did a 3 x 2km at half marathon pace session, very blowy and caught a heavy shower as well.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

My fitbit arrived yesterday. Very exciting. The charging, software and general new gadgetyness took a while, but I still managed to rack up over 4000 steps yesterday.

I got the wee thing mainly for sleep monitoring, but since reading this thread, my goodness, you are an inspiring lot!

Am gonna track my normal exercise levels for a week or so before doing anything too drastic (like actually exercising), but believe me, I am inspired! In a voyeuristic kind of way...

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All,

My fitbit arrived yesterday. Very exciting. The charging, software and general new gadgetyness took a while, but I still managed to rack up over 4000 steps yesterday.

I got the wee thing mainly for sleep monitoring, but since reading this thread, my goodness, you are an inspiring lot!

Am gonna track my normal exercise levels for a week or so before doing anything too drastic (like actually exercising), but believe me, I am inspired! In a voyeuristic kind of way...

Terrific :) Which one did you get? I have the flex and I love it. Over 20,000 steps a day and 36lbs lost since 9th Jan. My diabetes has never been so good plus I sleep so much better now.

Good luck