Diabetes and fish oil

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
It's fine as far as I'm aware although it doesn't taste too good when you burp several hours after taking it.:yuck:

Femi 13

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Diet only
Lol ya .. But if you mix it with half a gals off milk it won't taste that bad :)

Jus that I read somewhere that it affects your diabetes negatively ..

Still searching .

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Is cod liver oil bad for diabetes ?
Any advice pls ..

I've taken CLO for 25 years, first in capsule form and in the last few years in liquid form from the spoon, it was my gp who suggested changing from capsules to liquid CLO so I assume it's fine for diabetics to take, never read or heard otherwise but if in doubt check with your gp first.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've taken CLO for 25 years, first in capsule form and in the last few years in liquid form from the spoon, it was my gp who suggested changing from capsules to liquid CLO so I assume it's fine for diabetics to take, never read or heard otherwise but if in doubt check with your gp first.

Did they say why liquid was better?

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Did they say why liquid was better?

We got talking about CLO after I'd gone to see my gp after experiencing what felt like a tear above my knee whilst out walking my dog, he said it was tendinitis and recommended a few days rest, I happen to mention that I took CLO in capsule form which I thought would help or prevent such occurrences and it was then that he said to take it in liquid form (High Strength CLO).

I can't actually recall he's exact words Hale on why he thought it was better but being a higher strength would seem logical , he is a keen cyclist himself and often covers 100 mile on his bike on a weekend and said that he'd taken High Strength CLO for years and swore by it's benefits, after leaving his surgery I started taking 10ml of the spoon and not had any bother since, might just be a co-incidence but you never know.....

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We got talking about CLO after I'd gone to see my gp after experiencing what felt like a tear above my knee whilst out walking my dog, he said it was tendinitis and recommended a few days rest, I happen to mention that I took CLO in capsule form which I thought would help or prevent such occurrences and it was then that he said to take it in liquid form (High Strength CLO).

I can't actually recall he's exact words Hale on why he thought it was better but being a higher strength would seem logical , he is a keen cyclist himself and often covers 100 mile on his bike on a weekend and said that he'd taken High Strength CLO for years and swore by it's benefits, after leaving his surgery I started taking 10ml of the spoon and not had any bother since, might just be a co-incidence but you never know.....

Hmm interesting! I take a capsule, the dog takes liquid lol not sure I could stomach the taste of the liquid though. One to mull over!

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hmm interesting! I take a capsule, the dog takes liquid lol not sure I could stomach the taste of the liquid though. One to mull over!

:D

Your right as ever Hale, the taste isn't good but it's not as bad as some may think, I take mine just before eating my evening meal which helps.

Reactions: 2 people