Karen54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Arrogant people
Horror films
Hi All, My name is Karen and I live in Stoke-on-Trent. I am married to Pete and have two Papillon dogs. I am currently waiting for a guide dog which I'm hoping to get at the end of April. I am a big Beatle fan but also love most types of music. I am registered as blind since 1980 but I've been diagnosed with type 2 since 2007. I hope to meet and make new friends on here as I love to chat with people. X

Reactions: 2 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
welcome to the site, is this going to be your first guide dog?
how is your Blood glucose levels, do you self test with an audio BG meter?
It's probably a bit early to make a joke about you not having to worry about eye complications with your diabetes, so I'll save that till we are more acquainted
I hope you enjoy your time here

Reactions: 4 people

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Karen and welcome to the forum. I hope you get a lovely and very helpful dog soon.

Mazzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Karen, welcome to the forum. Those guide dogs are fantastic, I am sure you will get along just fine with your new dog. I love dogs I rescued my collie when she was 18 month old, she was in a right state she had been beaten, had puppies at a very young age and then abandoned. I have had her now for 5 years and she is a fantastic dog and very loyal to me she sees me as her saviour, but little does she know that she is my saviour now as she takes me for long walks twice a day without fail and keeps my bg in check. I don't know what I would do without her.

I too am a big Beatles fan, I find music very relaxing. I am sure you will find lots of friends to chat to, everyone is very friendly.

Best wishes

Marilyn x

K

Kat100

Hello Karen , welcome, you will,find lovely people here to chat to...your dogs sound really great, and getting a guide dog, bet you are looking forward to that, we will all want to know how you get on.....
Chat away antime ....lots to chat about here.....take care ....Kat x

K

Kat100

Hi Karen, welcome to the forum. Those guide dogs are fantastic, I am sure you will get along just fine with your new dog. I love dogs I rescued my collie when she was 18 month old, she was in a right state she had been beaten, had puppies at a very young age and then abandoned. I have had her now for 5 years and she is a fantastic dog and very loyal to me she sees me as her saviour, but little does she know that she is my saviour now as she takes me for long walks twice a day without fail and keeps my bg in check. I don't know what I would do without her.

I too am a big Beatles fan, I find music very relaxing. I am sure you will find lots of friends to chat to, everyone is very friendly.

Best wishes

Marilyn x
Hi Marilyn, breaks my heart, all this cruelty to animals , so glad you love and rescused used your dog x

Mazzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Marilyn, breaks my heart, all this cruelty to animals , so glad you love and rescused used your dog x

Hi Kat, it breaks my heart too. I don't know how people can be so cruel, my dog still flinches when she hears keys, or money rattling around I think she was chained up or hit with a chain cos she has ground some of her teeth down in the front, but she is my best friend and follows me everywhere, even my husband is a bit wary if he is tormenting me, she doen't like it, she thinks he is hurting me lol! he had better be careful or she will bite his bum. I also have 2 cats one is a diabetic cat who was diagnosed last October, he is 17 year old and I have to give him insulin injections twice a day, he is always pestering me for food and pees for England. Then I was diagnosed in Feb this year, what a family but it does keep me busy.:)

Marilyn

K

Kat100

Hi mazer

I love all that you do for your dog , sounds lovely , and your cats...
Sounds like they all have a lovely home with you ....thank goodness ...
Diabetic cat....have read up on cats and dogs with diabetic problems .....you are busy , but in a happy and heartwarming way...

I met two rescue dogs today I know them from my walking , they all have such sad back grounds :(

But always nice to hear a happy ending :) ....x

connie104

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi mazer
Lovely reading about your dog. Rescued dogs are special they seem to know you have saved them and give their love and devotion in return. This is a picture of Freddie our rescued dog who came from a Spanish dogs home
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1397841731.075383.jpg

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 5 people

Mazzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Connie, aaah he's gorgeous, they do sense who loves them and they are such loyal animals if you treat them right, I would have more than one dog, but hubby thinks we already have a menagerie, as my daughter also has a western hognose snake.

Marilyn

Reactions: 4 people