Pedometer Challenge Thread

Dee_226

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
omg, what a bad start for me, woke up with a headache and had it all morning, gave in, took tablets and pain finally gone but no walk yet, just another hour and the woozy feeling should have gone then I am dragging my son out for a walk (oh, did I mention he is 22! ha ha ha).

Zand, what a great start for you! Way to go girl!

Hugs
Dee

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
20,000 ?!?!

Ye gods, when do you find time to sleep (or eat or slob around watching the Walking Dead?)

It's the flex one, so I can sleep in it.

Your weight loss is fantastic. Well done.

I am supposed to walk to work (12 minutes ea way) and we walk the dog (45-60 mins of daily gentle trundle while he runs circles round us), but weather, Mr B's shifts, and dark winter mornings/nights mean that I don't get to walk consistently. I'm finding my sleep is variable at the moment, so want to see if I sleep better on days I get the most steps. Good sleep is worth 50 times the cost of the fitbit!

It is that or caffeine, and frankly, I would rather start exercise that give up my one cup of coffee a day. It makes my morning!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Terrific :) Which one did you get? I have the flex and I love it. Over 20,000 steps a day and 36lbs lost since 9th Jan. My diabetes has never been so good plus I sleep so much better now.

Good luck

wonderful to hear your doing so well :)

Dee_226

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well that feels like a huge disaster. MapMyWalk couldn't get a gps fix (what?) so only registered that I walked for 18 mins and 27 seconds.
Omron says a meager 1.4km walked today (2,926 steps)

Feeling a tad deflated to be honest, been walking around the block on and off for a couple of weeks and changed the route today to make it a bit longer and more challenging, still, you have to start somewhere and it can't get any worse than this lol.

Hugs

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dee that sounds a bit like my start day - yesterday. Don't be deflated, a start is a start.

Big hug

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
10,858 today, not too shabby since I was in work! Aiming to try another 5K run tomorrow so that will boost me!

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Useful warning/factoid to all fitbit flex wearers:

If you feel like bumping up your step total for the day, just brush your dog.

I kid you not. I jumped up from 6,900 to 7,500 steps in a few mins of brushing, sitting on the living room floor with the mutt lolling there like in some grooming parlour.

Oh, and it seems think I was sprinting! Massive energetic spike of violent energy expenditure.

Is there anyway to delete this aberration? It's messing up my impressively sedentary totals!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Yes well (she says huffily) I wouldn't mind, but it's immortalised on all my rainbow coloured graphy things.

Plus, the pesky mutt needs brushing regularly. Little sod. So I'm never going to remember to take the widget off each time.

D*mned inconvenient!

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Morning all

Back to the usual routine for me. Children off to school soon and work awaits again.
I'm at 347.......

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I hit over 11,000 yesterday!

Have left pedometer upstairs so far today and at this time of the morning it seems so far away.......

Reactions: 3 people

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
1924 at lunch time. I'm not going to do so well today as I am a bit desk bound.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And the results are in:

Thursday: 4423 (only wore fitbit from midday onwards)
Friday: 6967
Saturday: 5715
Sunday: 6389
Monday: 7529 (would have been 6,000 if I hadn't brushed the mutt)
Tuesday: 4254 (back to work after Easter w/e)
Wednesday: 4369
Thursday: 5440 walked both ways to work, but didn't walk dog)
Today: 2025 so far today, due to sudden onset of bubonic plague (aka The Common Cold). All movement will now cease until modern science comes up with a cure.

So, I am hitting 6-7,000 ish on a w/e
Work days, it is 4,000 basic, with walks to work, back and dog walks as extra, but ever reaching the dizzy heights of my w/e treks...

What I find quite shocking is that I am above average every day except plague day! Apparently the average person in uk only makes 3-4,000 steps a day, so I am more active than most already!!!

However, never one to rest on my laurels, now that I can no longer beat myself up for being totally inactive, I will move smartly into beating myself up for not reaching 7,000 every day.

Result, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:

PaulinaB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Only 3-4k?! Wooow! That's really low!

Last week for me:
Sat: 9 099
Sun: 9 786
Mon: 6 016 (booo!)
Tue: 12 333
Wed: 8 871
Thu: 16 250 (yeeey!)
Today, so far: 7 727

Not reaching my 14k goal too often:(

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
its all relative, some folks find it harder to move around so easily, so 100 steps for some is equal to 20.000 for others