Hi All, been type 2 for 10 years and been on avandamet and kombiglyze most recently. Am still under

cooter799

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All, am new in here. Have been type 2 for 10 years and been on avandamet and kombiglyze. Am still under 7.0 but it's creeping up. Of late the Kombiglyze is so expensive that I'm looking for a generic of any other substitute to reduce the cost. Can't afford this med any longer. All advice and suggestions appreciated!

Mazzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Cooter, welcome to the Forum. I am type 2 on Metformin 1000mg per day, but I don't have to pay for my meds. Where are you from?

Mazzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Cooter, that explains why you have to pay for your meds. What sort of diet are you on, do you eat low carb?

cooter799

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know how I am supposed to eat and all about the glycemic index etc.. With that said, I am not real good at avoiding the simple sugars. I know when I eat right, use good portion sizes and exercise my numbers are best. My real question, is there a low cost combo drug or individual drugs that will do what kombiglyze is supposed to do. My pill dosage is now 2-2/1000 kombiglyze per day.