Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Go on, go on, go on,......... Guess what I was this morning.

Yes. Another 4.1. If my meter had a needle, I might wonder if it had got a bit stuck!

No complaints though.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm back in the early 6s again (6.2, 6.4, 6.3 phew!). I was in the 7s all last week. Give it a few more days and I should be back in the 5s.

And do you know what caused this 2 week long aberration? A curry. Yup. A s*dd*ng curry.
Went out for a meal, lamb starter, curry with pineapple (which I am usually ok with), 2 mouthfuls of naan, no rice and two veg size dishes. Only problem was it was unexpectedly sweet and I think they had swapped the pineapple for sugar. Didn't have a massive spike, because of all the veg, but my morning readings have been screwed up for 2 weeks!!! :banghead:

Shouldn't have eaten it, but I thought I'm hungry, and it's only 1 meal...

calcaz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not a great lover of alcohol. Can`t stand football,cricket ........
Blood sugar this morning 5.2 it's coming down after a slight hiccup last week when I forgot to take my metformin ,oops .It made me realise how important the tabs are though

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mark51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Negative people, Rain
6.6 this morning before breakfast but I had a lay in and didn't get up till 10 ;-)

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Up to 6.2 this morning at about 10am. I've got a bit of hayfever at the moment, maybe that's a(nother) factor.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Up to 6.2 this morning at about 10am. I've got a bit of hayfever at the moment, maybe that's a(nother) factor.

Sanguine - a week or so ago, you would have been happy enough with that reading. You're talking minor changes in your bs scores, in the scheme of things, surely?

I know it's tough. Those low numbers can be seductive, and irritating when they seem to hide for a while.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 for me today.

Yesterday was a bit more carb-tastic for me than usual. A day on the motorboat, watching super yacht racing, with a packed lunch, nibbles, lots of social drinking, then chilli for dinner. There was nothing too dire (French bread isn't too good for me, but it was so delicious), and I was 3.7 before dinner. I didn't test after, as I needed to sleep more than I needed to know my score after a meal I've had often.

Today, I'm Shattered. I have a nose Rudolph would be proud of, and we have it all to do again this evening. Sundowners and canapés. Please make Easter be over soon.

Where do these retirees get their energy?

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Sanguine - a week or so ago, you would have been happy enough with that reading. You're talking minor changes in your bs scores, in the scheme of things, surely?

And I am now, very, overall. Still learning to distinguish 'normal' fluctuations from diet-driven ones I suppose.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.9 this morning. Expected it to be much higher due to 2 days of falling off the wagon and travelling 200 miles by car yesterday, unable to excercise, a Starbucks panini on route and a daughter insisting on sharing a chocolate easter egg with me in the car! Definitely back on track today. Haven't liked the carb cravings and feeling so out of control. Daytime Bs have been in double figures for 2 days so this fasting one is a surprise.

Reactions: 3 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
5.0 this morning. (I blame my wife for having a birthday :D). So how can I blame her when it is mine?

Reactions: 2 people

Lizzy5172

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8.1 grrr. The las few days of drinking and eating too much have taken their toll. Onwards and upwards!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yay!!!! 5.9 this morning.

My readings were good yesterday -
6.9 2 hrs after lunch (forgot to do it before meal) AND a very lovely 4.0 before dinner, 6.8 after 2 hours following a roast chicken dinner with 3 roast spuds! I'm a happy bunny. I've never been out of the 5's and 6's before.

Reactions: 4 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 on waking at 7:15. Two hours later, before breakfast, 5.2.

I am on 2 x 500mg metformin daily. I reduced from 3x because nurse was happy with my results. I am due another HBa1C in May and I'm hoping my medication will be reduced again. I'm managing to keep my weekly averages between 5.2 and 5.5, thanks to lots of information on this site. Still a lot of weight to lose but I'm getting there.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.9 this morning. Expected it to be much higher due to 2 days of falling off the wagon and travelling 200 miles by car yesterday, unable to excercise, a Starbucks panini on route and a daughter insisting on sharing a chocolate easter egg with me in the car! Definitely back on track today. Haven't liked the carb cravings and feeling so out of control. Daytime Bs have been in double figures for 2 days so this fasting one is a surprise.

Your 7.9 isn't outrageously adrift from your more usual 7 readings Diana, so take heart.

Once you're back in the groove, perhaps understanding how you felt will curb the "need" to leave the wagon from time to time. Although, none of us manage perfectly, I'm sure.

Does your daughter have much of an understanding of what you are trying to achieve with this thing? It would be good to have her on-side on your journey.

Just think how great it will be watching those numbers re-normalising again. :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 for me today.

Although this is still the holiday weekend, we have declared a return to normality. We've had enough partying for a little while!

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your 7.9 isn't outrageously adrift from your more usual 7 readings Diana, so take heart.

Once you're back in the groove, perhaps understanding how you felt will curb the "need" to leave the wagon from time to time. Although, none of us manage perfectly, I'm sure.

Does your daughter have much of an understanding of what you are trying to achieve with this thing? It would be good to have her on-side on your journey.

Just think how great it will be watching those numbers re-normalising again. :)

Thank you @AndBreathe. Interestingly from the My Fitness Pal entries for yesterday, my carbs were only 126 although my calories, (which I'm not really into counting were high (1,715)

I'm definitely back in the groove today though and refusing to be force fed any more Easter eggs :)

So kind of you to keep encouraging. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.