Lack of motivation

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, im new to this ive always delt with my diabetes myself never had help of anyone, listened and tried it the doctors way and that never worked! So ive always done it my way. Which works but! I keep losing motivation and going backwards! So i suppose my question is... How do i keep motivated? Any help will be much appreciated.

Reactions: 2 people

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
Hi, im new to this ive always delt with my diabetes myself never had help of anyone, listened and tried it the doctors way and that never worked! So ive always done it my way. Which works but! I keep losing motivation and going backwards! So i suppose my question is... How do i keep motivated? Any help will be much appreciated.
It must be so hard especially if you are Type 1.
But when you look at the complications of Diabetes, that should be a good motivation in itself.
Hope you get your Mojo back soon.

Gudrun

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hmmm.. probably a lot less than stuff I like

I'm prediabetic and have struggled for years with getting motivated to actually change my eating habits to try and stop it becoming full blown Type 2. Someone in this forum suggested I am not scared enough and another suggested that I look at foot amputations on Google images and that certainly helped me.

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks guys! Yeah I am type 1have been for 10 years found out by going into a diabetic coma. But for the first 9-10 years of my life I was always ill in out out of the doctors/hospital they never picked it up.. So I have a hard time trusting doctors and I never ask them for help simply because the massive **** up they made which nearly cost me my life. But I'm gonna try get motivated as I know what I have to do and now I've got the support of the forum! Thanks again.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Gudrun

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hmmm.. probably a lot less than stuff I like
Thanks guys! Yeah I am type 1have been for 10 years found out by going into a diabetic coma. But for the first 9-10 years of my life I was always ill in out out of the doctors/hospital they never picked it up.. So I have a hard time trusting doctors and I never ask them for help simply because the massive **** up they made which nearly cost me my life. But I'm gonna try get motivated as I know what I have to do and now I've got the support of the forum! Thanks again.

There is a huge amount of great advice in this forum. I would suggest you read and read and read until you have digested it and got your motivation into overdrive.

Hopefully your T1 can be improved with some of the advice given.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Somehow with what you have experienced from dealing with diabetes and bad feedback from doctors in the past etc; it is no wonder motivation gets lost at times.
You may have good knowledge to help others that are having similar issues. I hope you can give others encouragement to control their diabetes which in turn will self motivate you.
Sounds as if you will be a great asset to this forum.

Best of luck.
Roy

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
I understood losing weight would help control and my incentive became looking as good as I could to impress a girl I fancied-with the side effect of controlling diabetes-yeah I've never lived in an orthodox way but I guess it was a way of seeing a benefit to me of the efforts I made (we were serious for quite a few months but just good friends now)