Peanuts

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
depends what kind of peanuts you mean. of your talking about roasted unsalted then they are fine. those with flavorings and coatins you need to check.

anniwoo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
beetroot, Simon Cowell and spiders
I am addicted to monkey nuts,coming straight out of the shell I know nothing has been added, trying to tell myself the act of getting them out of the shell is burning calories ;)

sagarg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are peanuts allowed like regular nuts, my friend keeps telling me there's some flower involved???

Hello,
No peanuts are not regular nuts! And most important thing it is not grown on flowers...

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How many carbs in salted peanuts please?
CAROL

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
apparently peanuts are not even nuts, they grow under grown (weird i know) i eat salted peanuts quite a lot and they haven't killed me yet, not too many though :)

Reactions: 2 people

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Are peanuts allowed like regular nuts, my friend keeps telling me there's some flower involved???

Your friend is right about flowers being involved. It's a legume, one of the pea family. After pollination the flower stalk grows, eventually bending over until the fertilized ovary touches the ground and buries itself underneath, where the nut develops, hence the name...Ground nut. I think the process is called hypogaea but it's a long time since I did botany so don't quote me! ;)
Personally I don't eat them, they're too addictive for me, lol

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

Groundnuts are lovely ......can get bags in Asian super markets...

I have just made a bowl of popcorn for tonight, just a few, with some sweetener.....I feel like I may be in need od some later...
It will be my second lot in six months :/

Blaize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can't say I've ever been a fan of peanuts I adore cashews and unsalted pistachios though (good for keeping cholesterol low)