Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I am new to the forum despite being diabetic for 6 years.

Like many people on the forum I have experienced misinformation, lack of information and prejudice. I am a type 2 who is not over weight just sort of average ?! I lost weight prior to diagnosis as a result of the diabetes and have remained stable weight wise ever since.

After 5 years I was put on insulin. To be honest I fell better on insulin the tablets ran me down in the end. I cannot explain why I feel better use that I do. I finally got on a carb counting / diabetes education course earlier this year. To be honest it would have been better to have had such a course when first diagnoses ?! Still I am working through managing insulin.

I am not very disciplined about this whole business but try and keep within recommended sugar levels. Sometimes this is easy other days it just seems like m body does not want to play ball !

Anyway am looking forward to hearing all your views, experiences and advice .

Judie

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Hi Judie. Welcome to the forum. You will know more about all this than I do as I was only diagnosed in February. There are a lot of very nice people here though who know a lot about controlling our condition.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Judie and welcome to the forum:)

If there is anything you would like to know, just ask a question on here and someone will try to help you.

DFiona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya, I 'm quite new to the forums too but been type 2 for 16 years since birth of my 2nd baby. I have so far found a lot of support here too.

A lot of info re the connection between diabetes, thyroid and the stress hormone cortisol seems to be missing in the information stakes. There are direct links between these conditions. I will post some of my amateur research findings.

See you around.
X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App