Ideas for low carb meals

Donna1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hey im looking for some ideas for what people eat for low carb meals! My prob is i work very long shifts like 14 hours some days n only really have access to a microwave as do most people, lookin for some meal ideas! Breakfast lunch and dinner!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have blueberries and Greek yogurt for breakfast.
Then a veg mix with nuts cheese and either tomatoes or strawberries for lunch

There is a low carb forum in here with a recipe thread. I've got loads of ideas from there x

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have meat and salad although this can appear as steaks (beef or pork) with bags of salad leaves from Tesco or it can be a chicken stir fry with a sauce. I have found that original recipe KFC to be low in carbs but their fries aren't. Corned beef is also carb free and you can chop up some garden veg with it.

Chicken breast with coleslaw also goes down quite well and a slice of ham wrapped round a stick of celery is pleasant as a snack.

Donna1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Thanx guys but sorry a yoghurt for breakfast jus wouldnt fill me! I am a big eater though im a slim size 12 n i do exercise a lot n dont eat a lot of rubbish in between meals so i like big wholesome meals, n i love meat, chops steak chicken etc jus feel i have same things all the time so looking for new ideas with little carbs! I live alone which can also be a pain to cook for 1!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Brekkie: homemade granola, kippers, bacon & eggs, omelette, ground almond porridge, full fat yogurt with berries.

Lunch: Soups, salads, stews, low carb bread sarnies

Take a look at the thread "what have you eaten today" in the low carb section. Dozens of pages of ideas.