calcaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not a great lover of alcohol. Can`t stand football,cricket ........
Hi I am new to using forums etc. So please bare with me:)

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 5 months ago, and take oral medication for it. I am a trained nurse so had some knowledge of the condition , but a lot has change since then. I am due to go on a course in the summer thanks to the clinic I attend, and they have been very helpful.

Since being diagnosed I have lost a considerable amount of weight, which has done me no harm, and am getting more exercise. Up til now I have managed to keep my diabetes undercontrol but I realise that this is not going to go away. As I have high cholesterol and high blood pressure I have had to watch my diet for the last ten years so has just meant a few more rules. The hardest thing is trying to have regular meals through the day.I was a, forget breakfast and have one large meal in the evening person.

I must get some sleep now..............:facepalm:

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
hi calcaz.
welcome to the forum.
I was a one meal a day person also. I have found that having three meals a day helps me to keep my glucose levels steady

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi calcaz and welcome to the forum. If you have any questions, this is the place to ask as someone will try and help you.

Madbazoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eating one meal a day is not the ideal way to deal with this condition. Your body has difficulty in processing carbs so you must help it by spreading your consumption in smaller amounts during the day so as to avoid the spikes in your blood sugar levels. Do look at the various discussions on the forum regarding low carb diets which I am sure will help and encourage you in dealing with your condition.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App