Here comes Easter

Charles Robin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, I have had my Easter dinner and am well satisfied. I had roast chicken (courtesy of M and S), roast celeriac chips and roasted aubergine. I also had Yorkshire puddings made from almond meal and coconut milk. For dessert a low carb cheesecake and I allowed myself one of the low carb chocolate bunny biscuits my wife and I made. We also shared a bottle of wine. My bloodsugars 2 hours later? 5.9, really very pleased with that. I have been slightly more lax today than usual, having half of the low carb Easter egg pictured above over the day, but my blood sugars have not been above 7.2. For Easter I feel that's acceptable!

Reactions: 3 people

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
I missed your recipe post as I was away chocolateering! I used the recipe from here http://www.lowcarbsosimple.com/sugar-free-marzipan/ (makes 16)

I soaked little pieces of dried fruit in booze for some on the centres and topped with nuts. Four flavours to take to my mum's tomorrow. Very simple to make but my kitchen looks like a warzone now :oops:

Spiced rum and raisin with coconut
Apricot and Southern Comfort with almond
Chopped hazelnuts (Ferrero Rocher)
Walnut (Walnut Whip)

2lcmyoj.jpg

They look amazing, great job :joyful:. I would jump the the raisin and apricots but might try rum or cognac or maybe some nuts, maybe some chopped pistachio nuts. Love marzipan so much I could eat the mix straight out of the bowl so I need to restrain my self from making this except a couple of times a year :stop:

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I am thinking that freeze-dried raspberries might be good on top of marzipan chocolate blob things. They are a great colour. Will definitely be restricting these to special occasions only as they are sooo rich tasting and filling.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I missed your recipe post as I was away chocolateering! I used the recipe from here http://www.lowcarbsosimple.com/sugar-free-marzipan/ (makes 16)

I soaked little pieces of dried fruit in booze for some on the centres and topped with nuts. Four flavours to take to my mum's tomorrow. Very simple to make but my kitchen looks like a warzone now :oops:

Spiced rum and raisin with coconut
Apricot and Southern Comfort with almond
Chopped hazelnuts (Ferrero Rocher)
Walnut (Walnut Whip)

2lcmyoj.jpg

Oh yummy yummy yummy -
I'd like some of them in my tummy!

They look most professional - I'm really impressed

Robbity

Last edited by a moderator: