I'm having trouble reducing my sugar levels

gemma2402

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I have had diabetes since I was 6 I'm now 19 and I'm having trouble keeping my blood levels in a good target range, and this is starting too worry me alot as it's cause problems with my job I was wondering if anyone can share some advice on this with me I'm on nova rapid for carb counting and also I take levemir at night as my back ground insulin

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

daisymoomoo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dentures
Mushy Peas
Injecting
Hi I have had diabetes since I was 6 I'm now 19 and I'm having trouble keeping my blood levels in a good target range, and this is starting too worry me alot as it's cause problems with my job I was wondering if anyone can share some advice on this with me I'm on nova rapid for carb counting and also I take levemir at night as my back ground insulin

Hi,
Do you get to your Diabetic Clinic at the hospital often?
Have you done the carb counting course at any point?

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Gemma

Could you post a typical day's log book - what meals you ate, insulin doses and times, blood sugar readings? We may be able to make some specific suggestions then.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
If you are having problems, go right back to basics, start with your basal insulin get that right then move onto your bolus. Testing frequently will help no end to find a pattern.