Easter Eggs

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I had half a "no added sugar" egg from Thorntons - NEVER AGAIN! The rest is going in the bin. Didn't send my blood sugars high but I've had horrible stomach cramps all day - wish I hadn't bothered!

Did you have one?

Reactions: 2 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I didn't strictly "have one" but I nibbled at fragments that my kids didn't want.

I was surprised at the variation in the quality of the chocolate even within the same brand.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nope, I was very virtuous this year :angelic:

I even managed to resist my favourite Darryl Lea (Aussie brand) Turkish Delight egg.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I avoided the positively evil white chicken sized south african eggs I had last year. Pure sugar - or worse. They actually made me sick.

I have this thing about waste drummed into me by post war parents and it is so hard to put something in the bin even if it is bad for me. I manage it most of the time now but it is still a struggle of will.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mr B gave me a Heston Blumenthal (sp?) one, which I nibbled and is gorgeous, and will last a week because it is such decadently dark choc.

My line manager gave me a Cadbury's flake one which I will offload to next door's eight year old.

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Why only one or a nibble ?
If you going to fall off the rails, make a good job of it ?
Have half a dozen, will cause a spike, but be gone the next Day !;)

Reactions: 3 people

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
I avoided the positively evil white chicken sized south african eggs I had last year. Pure sugar - or worse. They actually made me sick.

I have this thing about waste drummed into me by post war parents and it is so hard to put something in the bin even if it is bad for me. I manage it most of the time now but it is still a struggle of will.

For info what eggs are those ?

Shell1

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
My type 1 daughter had a full one we bolused for it no spike and perfect bloods .chocolate never gives a bad reading for her the nurse said because its high in fat it it does not rise blood sugars so we just inject for the carbs and shes fine we check hourly the rise was 2 same as most meals

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Thanks, I know them pure sugar transfusion, I think they make them from pressed Icing sugar.
So sweet they not enjoyable

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My kids gave me a Green & Blacks 70% Dark Chocolate egg. Not quite as good as the 85% slabs I normally have but a lot better than those milky things made of sugar with a bit of cocoa added

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
i got an poached egg as mine lol x

Reactions: 3 people

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had the merest nibble of my daughter's cadbury's egg.

Plus two fried eggs on toast.

I know which I preferred.

These days my chocolate is mainly 100%, ocaissionally dipping down to 90%. My only sweet chocolate treats are Bendicks bittermints, but I still haven't finished my christmas selection box.